1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New lot, what do you think??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bdlawncare, Dec 30, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

So one of my customers today asked me if i could plow the lot at the club they own... its 33,000 square feet... What would you guys think would be a fair price for 1-4".. per visit? BTW in Bergan County!

Club 201.jpg

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You might want to remeasure that lot looks like it's about half of what you said

3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

theres 2 little lots connected that you cant see because they are covered by trees so i just added on the square footage. Together they were about 10,000 sqft so the lot in the pic is like 20-23

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Probably around $100-120 here

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Where the heck are you putting it all, and what are you using to do it?

6. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

120 $ omg that sounds ridiculously cheap... Using a truck with n 8 ft blade... N the snow will all be pushed to the side parking isn't really an issue lot is for employees only and as u can see the lot is pretty empty

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Take into account I'm in another region, but from what I can see, I would charge somewhere around $275 for a 6" storm. I use a different structure as well...break it down as you see fit.

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

I've said it before but I need to move, that lot would take what 40min max? We are lucky to get $70/hr here that's why I prefer pertime, get in, get done, get out.

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

What part of the metro are you in that you're only getting $70/hr? I can't hardly put an employee with a decent wage in my truck for that. :dizzy:

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Roseville, Shoreview, Moundsview, New Brighton, White Bear, and St. Paul. Where are you? What are you getting? I have a buddy getting $85 south and west. Lost a BIG account this year to a Co. charging $45 on paper

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

West metro. I won't post my prices on the internet for obvious reasons, but for $70/hr I'd park the trucks and stay home.

That lot in the picture above is all of a 15 minute plow. $100-$120 seems about right for it, but at $70/hr, you're talking about 1.3 to 1.5 hours to plow it. :dizzy: Something's not adding up. :confused:

12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Ya need to have a minimum, even if you're $150/hr you going to go do that lot for $37.50 for your 15 minutes?

13. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Yeah I defiantly have a minimum but I haven't really ever done " commercial work" only residentials... So I have my minimum for a driveway but that defiantly won't work for a lot... The thing is I get about 150-200 dollars for some of my larger driveways so if commercial prices are this cheap I'd much rather plow 2 driveways at 150 than this lot.. I was thinking around 500 plus salt! Idk maybe it's just the area I live near it's extremely wealthy

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

God loves you if you can get that kind of scratch out of that. Ain't no way that would fly in my neck of the woods.....not from what I'm seeing anyway.

15. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I want to know what equipment your using to plow 3/4 of an acre in 15 minutes? I would be on the thought process that it would take close to 30 to 45 minutes to plow that lot. You might be able to cut it down to about 25 minutes if you have the right equipment, but 15 wow I would be impressed.

16. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I could get $400-$600 for that lot (up to six inches) easy in my area. (6-12 double) and so on

17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'd get about $500-700 for that lot in my area....probably be $350-450 for salting. That lot looks like it would take me 10min on 6inches or less......15-20 min on 6inches or more.

18. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I think your right on at $500 plus salt if needed, I'm not that far from you Essex County NJ

19. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

Ken im thinking 500-550 up to 6 inches plus salt ...easy 600 but 500-550 will guarantee it.
    if that is a employee lot i would salt the **** out of it..

20. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

AgreedThumbs Up Now all we all need is some SNOWpayup