1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new logo

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Green Grass, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

here is my new logo wondering on thoughts

Logo.jpg

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

looks good to me

3. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Logo is "fair". I think you need more separation on the grass and snow. Possibly snow on the top of "outdoor" and the grass below "maintenance". First impression was just a little confusing and I knew what your intent was, general public will not. I would maybe consider only using the one (snow/grass) that is your primary business and list the other separately (Snow Removal Available or Lawn Care Available... or "Now Offering..."). Cheers.

4. French frog

French frog Junior Member

Looks good

Here is mine ...

frenchfroglogo.jpg

5. Green Grass

what I decided on.

OutDoor.gif

6. Green Grass

Our primary business is both Lawn Care and Snow removal that is why I was looking to have both on the logo. The logo will be on black background for trucks and trailers.

7. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

It's all good, so with the black background are you only having the white for Outdoor? Will you only have the blue for Maintenance and the phone number? You will want to go to a lighter blue, obviously change solutions to white. I suggest giving the Outdoor the dropshadow and outline as you have, but give it more cast for an increased appearance of depth, this will also help keep it the primary text. Give Maintenance a thin white outline, combined with the snow on top it will enhance the appearance of cold. I suggest laying it out with the black background so you can see how much the background affects the readability. When you flip the colors black and white you will see how white will become the dominant text, might not be what you want. Cheers and good luck.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What do you know, a French frog with no legs!:laughing:

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I had the legs for dinner and I'll tell you the snosberries taste like snosberries :laughing:

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

11. Green Grass

how it looks on black

OutDoor(2).jpg

12. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Looks very cool on the black!

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I'd agree!

I think thats a great logo!

14. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

That works. I would play with a drop shadow/outline with another outline of white around "Outdoor" and maybe fatten up the outline on "maintenance" and make it a rounded corner outline, not point... I take the ideas to an extreme and then back up until it looks right. You may find the drop shadow and outline don't work for you and the "maintenance" outline backs right back where you are now. Then you know it is the best for your tastes. Good choice on the black "solutions" to green. Hope I was helpful.