1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by WMHLC, Oct 4, 2008.

1. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Found a good deal on a Komatsu WA120. This would be our first loader, and I was wondering what size pusher I should run on it. I was thinking 14ft box. I have some long pushes, so I don't want any traction problems.

2. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

We have a 120 w/14ft works great

3. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Wa-120

Been using a 12' box for four years. It works great. Even in heavy snows the machine does not lose traction.

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Lets see some pics!!!

5. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I Think you could go larger. I run 14' pushers on my Deere 310's and 410 also om my cat 416 with no problems. I'm in the market right now for a new loader, Currently have an IT 28, but Cat doesn't make them any more, they want 120,000 for a new 926, I can't justify that in this economy. (I figure there will be some good deals out there this winter) I also priced Deere 444 and a Hyundai which was dirt cheap for obviuos reasons.
    How did you do on Your Komatsu? Do they have tool carriers?

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

If you do a lot of Apartment complexes, etc I wouldn't go bigger than 12ft. If you are doing wide open areas, 14' should work, just remember that 14' is a lot harder to transport on public roads.