1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Line-X "body armor!!! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, May 13, 2011.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Thanks to Scott (s_melchi) from Tri-State Line-X for another job well done!!!!
    As some of you may remember a few years back I Line-Xed the rocker panels on my '00 F-250. Well, I decided it was time to do the Excursion BEFORE any rust starts creeping up the quarter panels and doors.... So here it is!! Let me know what you think. Thumbs Up

BEFORE
    Line-Xing 001.jpg

AFTER
    Line-Xing 002.jpg

Line-Xing 003.jpg

Line-Xing 005.jpg

Line-Xing 006.jpg

And if you aren't familiar with my old '00 F-250, heres the link to what I'm talking about:
    www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=58076

Line-Xing 001.jpg

Line-Xing 002.jpg

Line-Xing 003.jpg

Line-Xing 005.jpg

Line-Xing 006.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

And one more picture to show the undercoating, at least in the wheel well that is.

Line-Xing 007.jpg

I pulled all the factory plastic rocker panel trim (does anyone know the correct name for the grey plastic things on the "BEFORE" picture) and only found a few areas where the paint was starting to peal up, but no rust, and so I cleaned up those spots real good and sprayed some primer on them. I also had Tri-State Line-X undercoat the wheel wells and underbody (and while they were at it they did my plow mount and my reese hitch, I was pleasantly surprised!) . All in all, it should protect my Excursion from rust for years to come!

Line-Xing 007.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really good. I've always wanted to do that to all my trucks. Looks like they put the bumper on wrong though :)

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

looks good ,
    what was the cost?
    how is the f250 linex looking after 3 years of wear and tear?

5. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Very nice. I like and and am jealous

6. bakertime

bakertime Junior Member

Looks really good...I'm curious on the cost too. Specifically for the underbody work...my Duramax is a mess with rust on the frame and I want to tackle it this summer and get it protected.

7. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

The bumper looks goofy in the before pic too....

8. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I'm glad you guys like it, I'm very happy w/ it. The bumper has always been like that, bent down a little on the drivers side.... I no longer have the F250, but when I sold it (A year after the line-x was applied) it still looked like it had just rolled out of the Line-x shop! I was a little suprised by the quote I got (and paid), but scott explained that they had revaluated their costs of applying rocker panels and had no choice but to raise their price. I paid a little under $1,000 total for everything. Scott did tell me that he knows of Line-x dealers in michigan that are charging over $2000 for the same work though. So I guess I still feel good about what I had to pay. And really, these guys do good work so I don't mind the price!
    I believe undercoating alone is around $150.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

$1000 isn't bad at all. I got a quote of $1500 for a regular cab 8' bed F350.

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

$1000 isn't bad considering what rusted out panels will cost

11. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Don't get me wrong, Im not complaining about the price. But when I had my F250 done it was $600 for everything, so naturally I was expecting a similar quote for this truck. I know Scotts in this business to make a profit so I understand completely that he had to raise the price. And for the protection and clean look it added to my Excursion I was happy to pay it!