1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jb1390, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I just finished installing another set. Currently the truck has regular headlights, a whelen guardian amber light, four 55 watt halogen reverse lights, two 55 watt halogen lights under the front of the bed (I love these, but haven't plowed with them yet) and four 55 watt halogens on the headache rack-two facing forward and two facing back.

2. z400

z400 Member

Lit up!!

Man good idea on the lights under the bed.
  3. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I hope you have a good charging system. If I am counting right that is 550 watts just for your lights :eek:
  4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

The alternator is still stock-I have twin batteries in it, which won't help a lot for extended periods of time-but it helps even everything out. The reverse lights are only on when backing up, and the headache lights may/may not always be on when I am driving. But i would still expect that an upgraded alternator might be in my future.
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats pretty cool. I need to do some work on my back up lights. I just hate having to deal with all the crap that drops dust and what not on you under there. Just makes it a pain.