1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Fiafighterdude, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Just bought the Star SVP Mini Phantom MAX and the Able 2 / SHO-ME 360° LED Beacon both amber

just wantedto see what everyone thought of them ?

ULB9-MAX-2T.jpg

12_6253_A00%5B1%5D.jpg

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I would be interesting in a video of the beacon if possible.....

3. Fiafighterdude

from ME

i just ordered it so as soon as it they get here i will post videos of both for every one

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Im interested in that same led beacon ... I couldnt find anyone that uses it and wanted to hear some opinions first. I have the code 3 quad flash led beacon with the clear lens its bright at night but im not impressed with it during the daytime.

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have to say the sirennet.com vid of it is not that great outside.....

6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Hey Fiafighterdude... I thought you were a Whelen Man... Guess you'll have to change up your signiture line huh? :D

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

the mini-phantom is an awesome light for the price. extremely bright and minimal flashback
    i have one in my jeep and its awesome

8. Fiafighterdude

from ME

i just bought them as demos i had a few people wanting to know what they looked like in person before they bought them i wont use them on my truck thats all WHELEN LIGHTS lol

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  9. Fiafighterdude

from ME

im gonna buy a buch of whelen lights to have as demos to as soon as i get $2000

10. Fiafighterdude

from ME

and dont be hating beacuse i dont have the grinch as my sig

11. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

the able 2 led beacon is not a bad light for $100 bucks .. i have one ....

12. Fiafighterdude

from ME

video man video

13. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Wait till you see what I have planed for the upcoming holidays...You'll love it! :eek:

14. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

The mini phantom is great but only at night, i have the whelen slim meiser which is just about identical..bright at night, i have mine on the lower dash.

15. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I have three mini phantom's and they have good coverage even in the day to me.they were the primary on one of my vehicles while my primary rig was in the shop. moved traffic just fine. I know use then as secondary and lower priority lighting.

16. Fiafighterdude

from ME

Video of the led beacon tonight fo every one

17. Fiafighterdude

from ME

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZAqn6Grx5Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZAqn6Grx5Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjJ-jULGQx4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjJ-jULGQx4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I like the concept of the LED beacons, but I have yet to see one in person that really has the reach out and slap you kind of effect. I think they are too directional maybe? Maybe they need to design one that has the diodes point in all kinds of angles and directions.

Thanks for the videos though, it always good to have people go out and spend THEIR money so we can all see whats out there. :D

19. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

here yea go

http://www.projectresponder.com/pse/d254-RotoLED-LED-Hybrid-Minibar.htm

20. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

I have never been impressed with any light that used 5mm LEDs with no spreader optics whatsoever. Extremely unimpressed with the mini phantom.