1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Lights & Light Mounts

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LawnProLandscapes, Aug 9, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

wired up my new lights on my truck and made a custom set of brackets because i was too cheap to spend $100 on back racks light mounts. they were easy and cheap to make had a buddy cut the plates and weld for me because of my bum hand while i wired my new harness up... it came out nice and i love the setup, the lights are two Star 255 TC strobe beacons i got a nice deal on....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice the SIMA stickers in the rear windows ; )

one more pic of my new switchbox i made, still have to tuck those wires in so they dont show but it works well.
    [​IMG]

2. gkm

gkm Senior Member

looks good . you should be seen from all directions!

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good man, now come to NJ and do my truck!:rolleyes:

4. LawnProLandscapes

thanks, yea they are nice and visible and put of some good light.

haha thanks, hey you pay my fuel bill to drive down and ill come help yea lol payup :drinkup:

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

LOOKS GOOD LPC HOW BOUT A VIDEO AT NIGHT ALL LIT UP:drinkup:

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

looks great. im all for saving money where i can too. the brackets looks good :cool:

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looks like your ready for some highway work nice install i do agree about a short vid clip :nod:

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

haha thanks, hey you pay my fuel bill to drive down and ill come help yea lol payup :drinkup:[/QUOTE]

Alright bud, im sure we can work somthing out like that!ussmileyflag:salute:

9. LawnProLandscapes

thanks guys ill go out and get a night clip tonight if its not raining still, ill have to use the cell phone since my comp's usb ports are messed up and my camera wont connect :mad:

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice light setup!

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Sooo you ended up making your own? I was just thinking about that today, wondering what you decided to do after sending that pm. Looks awsome! I guess I was wrong and its a good idea to make your own. I just wanted to avoid the hassle.

12. LawnProLandscapes

thanks

yea i ended up going for it. it wasnt too bad i had a plate laying around from a light my buddy had on his back rack so we cut that with the torch and then smoother the edges, and my buddy just happened to have a 1 ft. piece of 3" C channel laying around that i chopped in half and used. painted it up and it was good to go. i just couldnt see paying backrack $100 for it, but i have to admit your truck was what made em go for the two beacon look, i loved the way it looked on yours and im happy with how mine came out. it really didnt take much and if you bought the materials to do it it wouldnt take more than $25-30 bucks and if you have access to torches and welders it literally takes 10 minutes to put together, the longest part was waiting for the paint to dry. :salute: :drinkup:

the one thing i like better about yours is that they have the ocatagon shape, which would have taken a little more time but i didnt have enough material in the plate i used anyways.