1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new lights installed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BDEMOTT, Mar 6, 2009.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

flush mounted the reverse lights in the bumper, and ran a seperate power wire to it with a relay going to the reverse lights. I used a project box from radio shack to house all the relay and ground conections. I put the lights in the box becasue i got sick of not being able to see in there at night. They can be also angled to serve as a nice work light off the back of the truck and they are hidden and out of the elements. I also installed a switch pannel under the wheel with its own fuse block, rather than tieing into the trucks fuse block.

2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Nice job, they look good!
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How about a close up of the lights in the bumper....

BDEMOTT Senior Member

here are the lights close up....i painted tthe cut i made when it was 20 degrees so i have to redo that to keep it from rusting

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

thats an awesom setup in the bumper thats what i think im going to do this summer for my truck. im sick of busting lights under the bumper.
  6. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

wow super clean wiring :salute: Im anal about wiring everything clean ,those add on fuse panels are great too, I'm running 2 of them by your 8 th add on circuit it gets a little crowded

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

where did you get the lights in the bumper?? and whats the wattage of em? also what did you use to cut the hole in the bumper?

BDEMOTT Senior Member

i got them from AW direct. i think they are 35watt they are perfect for me they light up behind me very well. i used a 2.5" whole saw and then used a cutting wheel on a grinder and cut out the middle peice that the hole saw left behind.
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

that looks great!
  10. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! I think I would have a very hard time cutting up the bumper on my truck though...Would make life alot easier though!
  11. TLB

TLB Senior Member

After the first hole the rest are easy!
  12. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

damn, that looks sharp. nice job
  13. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

looks great but just a tip

tape off and paint that chipped chrome or it'll rust boss

still looks sharp though man
  14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i used to run that style light in my last service body, and wasn't impressed at all.... glad they give good light for you. maybe mine were too high

BDEMOTT Senior Member

i tape it off and painted it with undercoating, but it didnt work out that well because it was like 20*F outside...ill be redoing it. Thanks for the compliments
  16. LawnProLandscapes

how are the lights working out so far? any nigth shots of them im looking at the same set from aw.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

i dont have a night shot of them yet but they are working out great. Plenty of light and it seems to illuminate in just the right places....they dont shine so far that it blind anything behind you but more or less just enough to use your mirrors for backing up and being able to see any opsitcals....and not to mention they look as close to stock equiptment as possible for aux rev. lights.
  18. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

look really good! how hard is drilling the holes?
  19. LawnProLandscapes

good to hear. i currently have a set under my bumper that constantly get bashed up under, and a set on my back rack which im selling and getting a dump insert. im just on the fence whether to spend more money on a set of led lights, or just stick with the incandescent lights from aw like you have.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

dont waist your money. i bought 4 of these lights just incase the bulb blew because they arent replacable. a friend has the led ones and they dont project nearly as well as these and they cost about 10times as much. they look better because it a real bright white color.