1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wolfmobile8, Mar 1, 2011.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

finally got my lightbar. I had it custom made. its a whelen 39 inch short edge with 12 strobes and all amber with clear endcaps. its really bright

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

2. wolfmobile8

heres the last two

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks nice. It it were mine I think I'd take the mounting feet off the bar so It'd sit lower. Looks nice though. Who made it?

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

those bars were built for a UK police dept and the order never shipped they sat here in ct for a while and many got sold cheap

5. wolfmobile8

Thanks .i would but it's a custom size and the frame was cut down so i had to use them on the backrack mounts. bills public saftey made it for me. he makes any bar you want at good prices
    yup i saw one on ebay and it was from the uk so i told the guy who made this for me the size of that bar and he made it. I didn't want a full size on my truck and this is just the perfect size.

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice! Got any pic of it running at night, bet it looks great.

7. wolfmobile8

i will take one it's really bright at night

8. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Why the white end caps if You don't mind me asking?

9. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Why the white end caps if You don't mind me asking? Btw looks awesome on your truck

10. wolfmobile8

Thanks I went with the clear end caps because i have seen a few lightbars with all amber and clear and i have allways liked the look of it.

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Light looks great. Question, where did u get the black grill and silver chevy emblem from. I am tired of my gray grill and yellow chevy emblem and want to change it up. Thanks for the info.
    Aaron

12. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Get yourself some spray paint and spray it on... It's cheaper that way! :laughing:

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks good, i love edge bars i put em on all my trucks, the guy went kinda crazy with the black lens spacers on it tho, i woulda likely used less if it were me.

14. wolfmobile8

Thanks the truck came with the grill and emblem already on it but the grill is stock and the middel is just painted but go onto lmc truck and you can buy the emblem and th whole grill black like mine for your year truck.

yea he sent me a pic of the bar and it only had one on each side in the middel and i didn't like the way it looked so i had him put a few more on.

15. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Looks great

16. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

we need a video now!!! lol got any pics from the side from a decent distance away. looking into buying a 50" inch edge and debating on whether to mount it on the roof ( 97 chevy ex cab short bed) or to fork up the money for a back rack. not sure if it will look right sitting behind the cab or not.

17. wolfmobile8

i don't have a video camera but it's really bright.

18. THEGOLDPRO

i mount all my bars on the roof not the backrack, they dont look goofy to me. i prefer them on the roof so they dont stick up so high.

here is the one on my extended cab short bed dodge.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  19. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

yeah that looks a lot nicer to me. do both your ex cab doors open though? my passenger side does but my driver side does not so not sure how i can mount it on the roof to sit back behind the drivers door. Cant telll where yours is mounted exactly but might have to end up putting it before the ex cab section of the cab.

20. THEGOLDPRO

both of my back door do open, but i didnt put it back that far, i stopped right at the back of the front doors like you said, i didnt want to put it too far back so it wasnt visible from the front of the truck.