1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new lift cylinder on western making noise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rocksmaint, Jan 27, 2014.

1. rocksmaint

rocksmaint Junior Member

today I found that my lift cylinder on my western ultra mount was leaking and started to run slow, so I got a new lift cylinder, I removes all oil replaced filters I got all the oil out of the angle cylinders. I filled the pump with oil moved side to side 15 times that works fine. buy going up is still slow and now its noisy can somebody help me??

2. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

the packing nut might be too tight-we've had the same problem. usually with new replacement one. the seal is so tight the metal on the ram doesn't get any lubrication and makes squeaking noise. try backing off the packing nut a 1/8 turn.

3. rocksmaint

rocksmaint Junior Member

Problem solved I backed out the top screw in the back of the pump the rest of the air came out now it works fine.