1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new lift cylendar

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gmc93, Dec 5, 2009.

1. gmc93

gmc93 Junior Member

My old lift cylendar was siezed up this year so I bought another one. However it acts different than the old one. There is a short delay when raising the plow. Once the engine is turned off and the plow is resting on the ground, I can easily push the ram in the rest of the way. A couple inches down, it feels like it hits something but continues to go down easily. I can also pull it back out with one hand. With my old cylendar, I had to put my whole weight on it to make it go down. This is only the first cylendar after the original, so I don't know which one of them is normal. Just wondering if I should take the new one back before I use it. Any ideas?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

you have air in it disconnect it from the top ,let it hang down so the top is lower than the bottom and the plow the "UP" command to extend the ram. Now with the ram still inverted collapse it. That should get any air out of it.