1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New LED wic3's on my dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jt5019, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Just added two Led wic3 lights to my tool box. They are great!!! 15 flash patterns and very bright.They go well with my quad flash strobe on my roof.

jt truck 1.jpg

jt truck 2.jpg
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

And one of my truck

jt truck 3.jpg
  3. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

Looks good!
  4. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I thought about running LED's mounted in my tool box as well. I may still do it lol.
  5. Eng63Trk16

Eng63Trk16 Junior Member

Where did you get the leds from. I ben wanting to do that to my truck for some time. Also im not sure but did you have to buy a led flasher too.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The led's i got (Nova led wic3) you can get them at www.strobesnmore.com or strobesupply.com im sure many other places have them too. The wic3's are nice because you DONT need to buy a flasher and no external power supply is required.
    They are very simple to wire. There is three wires coming off each light red,black,blue. Red is the power,Black is ground and Blue is to change the flash (15 different patterns) All you need to buy is a on off switch, some extra wire because they only give you about 8 inches and if you want to run a switch to change the flash pattern you need a momentary switch.Pretty cheap in supplies you can get it all at walmart if you really wanted to.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  7. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I like those!! Did you surface mount them, or recess for a flush mount?

nice !!
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I did the surface mount but they do have ones that come with a grommet if you want to flush mount them.They are completly sealed and very thin so i thought surface mount would look fine. http://www.strobesupply.com/ledwic3.asp
  9. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

10. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I also noticed strobesupply offers discounts to plowsite.com members.