1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New LED strobes not working!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SalNazzaro, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok so I have the strobesnmore single head LEDs, I have 4, 1 in each headlight and 1 I'm each taillight. So I wired all the reds, blacks, blue, and yellows together, is that correct? The black goes to my negative of my battery and the red goes through a 3amp fuse then to my upfitter switch, I checked and I have 12v but nothing works, I touched negative to the blue wire to see if the pattern would start or something but nothing happens! Someone help please! Thanks

2. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

I don't have and SMN products but I'll try.

1. Did you test each light before installing?
    2. Are each light on the same flash pattern?
    3. Where did you check for 12v? Before and after fuse, before and after swithch, at the light head?
    4. Did you test after installing before connecting the sync wires?
    5. Have you tried disconnecting the sync and pattern selection wires?

3. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I've disconnected all the sync and flash pattern wires, I have 12v before and after the 3amp fuse, the lights don't do anything at all

4. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

Which upfitter switch are you using?
    Checked to be sure you are using the right wire color for the appropriate upfitter switch?
    Key on when using upfitter switch?

5. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok they work now that I took the 3amp fuse out of the loop and wired it right to the upfitter

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What nunber AuX switch did u use? Was it fun hooking up to those wires?

Aux 1 runs my air compresser and both on fuel tanks.

Aux 2 runs my twin dual 100 watt work lights on my backrack. 400 watts total.

I use 3 and 4 for the strobe. 3 is the front.4 is the rear and side.

The Aux's are already fused too.

7. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Aux 2, aux 1 I flip on to power my plow, yea they were a bi*ch to get to! They always are, ford loves to leave you the wires but they wanna make you work for them! I think I have them on an alternating pattern now, it's a little confusing setting them up for alternating but I think I got it!

8. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

That would indicate either a bad fuse or a bad fuse holder. You do want to have the circuit fused at the proper amperage.

9. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I used two different fuse holders and 3 different fuses, I have no idea what the deal is

10. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

If you go to our home page and in the lower left there are troubleshooting and install videos. We have using those exact lights that will walk you thought some installing tips. You can also email or call us and we will be glad to help. You would want to run a 7.5 AMP fuse if running 4 of those. Keep in mind your upfitter switches should already be fused.

11. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok thanks, I sent an email to you before I removed the inline 3amp fuse, let me see what happens when I put a higher fuse in, I think the upfitter switch I have it on is either 25 or 10 amp so it's too high for the strobes

12. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok so looking at the video do I tie the sync wire together to get them on the same pattern and then skip one ahead for an alternating pattern?