1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new leaf springs..superduty

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I had new front springs put on my truck today. Broke one a couple days ago. now my boss bracket is sitting at 18" needs to be around 15.5". not a big deal.

But my question is, before i adjust it, is how much do you guys think the new springs will settle? I dont want to move the bracket a bunch of times..

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That's a hard one to answer, it really depends on the weight, number of cycles and duration the weight is hanging off of it. All are variables that are hard to predict. So I'd say you'll have to do a few adjustments till they settle in.

3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i know there's no exact answer. just looking for a starting point i guess. like i could expect an inch in the next couple weeks, or 1/4", lol

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If the truck was sitting with all 4 on the ground when all the fasteners were tightened, it should settle very little. Leafs don't usually settle like coils.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Lower mount to like 16" and leave it with the plow up for a week to break the springs in.