1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Leaf Spring Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Pwnm30rdi3, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Pwnm30rdi3

Pwnm30rdi3 Junior Member

My truck has nearly 312k miles on it and the drivers side sits almost 4 inches lower than the passenger side. I figured I would get this fixed before the snow season.

I often tow and off road, this is a work truck so it see's some abuse.

What do you think about these leaf springs?
    http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=product&id=1652&parent=82

It doesn't say it will sit any higher than stock so I'm assuming the plow mount would be fine and I wouldn't have to lower it.

Thanks,

Andrew

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

4" lower on driver you must had broke leaf springs.

Before you ready replace. you going need spray penetrate oil on all bolts they be rusted tight.

Mine had 2 packs and it hold fine expect lower in front. Bump stop on frame to axle I only had 3" clearance and they been bottom out many times.

3. Pwnm30rdi3

Pwnm30rdi3 Junior Member

The leaf spring doesn't look broken. Nothing looks broken. Must just be very worn down?

4. Pwnm30rdi3

Pwnm30rdi3 Junior Member

What leaf springs do you guys suggest?

5. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

go to local spring shop and talk to them and tell them what you are doing. When mine went bad it was not the spring but the mount
    broke 250 and 2 hrs latter I was on my way. Some things are just not worth the fight and he put 1 more in for me :)

6. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

+1 or get factory / OEM replacements

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

take a tap measure and check the distance from same point on each leaf center pin to frame point and verify the springs ar bad

or

you can also check for bent frame and or possible bad body mount bushings also .