1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Kubota

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fms, Dec 12, 2005.

1. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Picture of the new kubot after the first day of action.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I saw it in action on Friday on my way to Munjoy Hill. Does a pretty sweet job on that sidewalk. You plow all those parking lots with your truck?
  3. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

No. I think Seabreeze has the parking lots. I'm just taking care of the sidewalks. I take care of the sidewalks and loading dock at the Portland Public Market and the lots at Canal Plaza, plus some alleys and drives.
    What gives anyway. I've never seen your truck before and since you described it I see the damn thing every day!
    How was lunch at Boru the other day.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That is cool that thing is perfect to handle all of those. Seabreeze has a lot downtown. Inquired with them about doing sub work but only 10% of the work they wanted to sub was plowing, the rest was handcrew! It is slick with the spreader on the back!

Yea I am around alot. Boru's is good, you can usually find me there most of the time if I am out! I see you at CJ thirsty's once and awhile, that place any good?
  5. payton

payton Senior Member

those kubotas are bad ass.
    we had one on a larger job site this summer. diesel 4wd. it went just about ever where.. it was fun trying to get it stuck the first day..

6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

that thing won't let you down..hows the deceleration when you let your foot off the pedal?
  7. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

CJ's is good. Kind of a dive, but I like it.

The deceleration is quick. Not as bad with the cab, spreader and plow on as a stock unit, but it definitely stops quick when you let off the gas. I don't mind that feature. If something jumps out in front of you by the time you get off the gas you're pretty much stopped.
  8. me1223

me1223 Member

what kind of tailgate spreader is that? looks great, have you driven a toolcat, does it compare?
  9. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

It's a Curtis tailgate spreader. It has a 350lb capacity.
    I received a quote for a new Toolcat similarly equipped for $48k compared to $16k for the Kubota. The Toolcat is an impressive machine, but if you're just going to push snow and sand it's difficult to justify the difference.
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Any reason you didn't go with a blizzard 680lt for it. Since our own Jerre Herre designed a mount for the RTV.
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

MORE PICS!!!, that thing looks awsome, maybe some action pics showing how much snow it can really handle would be awsome, ive been looking at them alot lately.
  12. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I wasn't aware of that.
    I purchased the Curtis due to convenience and the need to get the package finished before the snow flew. The Kubota dealer that I dealt with used Curtis.
  13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well check it out. Since the curtis plow has no power angle and has that wimpy little electric ram motor. Plus the blizzard 680lt is a heavier and heavier built plow.

Montgomery college here in MD. Took all three of thier curtis plows and converted the hydraulics from the bed to raise and angle the plows.
  14. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

We have both and they plow great. Kubota as heater on both sides, check out our blizzrad plow on ours. full power angle from joystick. 800.00 more for plow but it's no toy. pictures under driveway monsters.:dizzy: :dizzy:
  15. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

sorry realy old thread but do you have any more pics or videos
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya this is an old thread, but that is an extremely nice machine