1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Kiniker C Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cowboy, Nov 30, 2000.

1. cowboy

cowboy Member

Hey guys,

just got my CPW catalog in the mail, and on the back there is a new Hiniker C plow, info: http://www.hinikerco.com/qhitch.html

I have read on this forum that Hiniker plows might not be the best, but this new c-plow, essentialy rotates to become a backdrag plow.

this looks like a pretty awesome device, same price as V-Plow.

Just want your guys opinions on Hiniker plows/this new C-Plow if you have tried it?

Adam

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly... I don't see it doing much better than backdragging with a normal plow. If I were going to spend the money, I'd get a V-plow.

-Tim

3. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

What you do is buy the plow of your choice (Right now that'd still be Boss for me) and you get the locking cylinders.

Then, you modify the RTIII Rapid Tach so you can activate the Quick-hook switch from INSIDE the cab as well as on the column. That'll give you DOWNPRESSURE which'll clean WAY better than that contraption Hiniker calls a plow.

PLUS: with a V-plow you can drag backwards in the V-position and it'll cradle snow (somewhat)

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

so what your saying is that a v plow , backwards in the v position (hard to explain with words) is almost as good as a regular plow in regular forward plowing?

hope that makes sense

Adam

5. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

OK Lazer-

You gotta quit coming up with all these new ideas. You're making me feel inadequate here!

Does that really work on the Boss V's?

6. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

OK Lazer,

You obviously have got wwaayyyy too much spare time, to keep comin up with these ideas!!! LOL

Like the downpressure one...

Dave

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Or... just buy a SnoWay. Honestly, I'm really happy with it.

-Tim

8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Lazer needs some snow to bring him back to reality....

9. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

If Heniker cant keep there straight blades together (and i know),i feel sorry for the guy that buys the Heniker c plow.There v plows bend at the site of snow.Oh and yes Heniker my telephone number again is 845-485-4200 please call me so we can fix my 3 Heniker plows which were under warranty when all there problems started.I will not go away until you call me and im sure this bad press dosnt look good so call me so we can put this to bed!
    thankyou
    PS if you dont call im taking the thankyou part back
    John Parker
    186 Cottage Street
    Poughkeepsie,12601

10. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Henniker Problems

So John,

Are you saying that you had a PROBLEM with your Henniker Plows under warranty, and they WON'T resolve the problem??

Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Too bad, Guess I won't consider them an option...LOL

Dave

11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I was looking at buying one also. I guess I'll have to look at another brand that has a better warranty reputation after this review. I'll be sure to tell my 2 other landscaping buddies that were looking at them also. Thanks John.

12. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

For what it's worth (and it is not an opinion), I've had numerous people tell me that the problems that John Parker has with Hiniker are not isolated, but rather widespread.

It's only what I've heard, not from personal experience as I don't own any Hiniker products.

13. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

i thought about a new Hiniker to ,but then again
    Walmart has these heavy duty plastic shovels that should be equivelent and cheaper to!
    (even have a warranty)

14. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

JUNK

Geoff

15. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Take a look at the "piano" type hinge on that C plow. It's got a 1/4" or 5/16" pin running the length of the blade. Looks a lot like the door hinges at the high school I worked at, and kids beat them to death.... needless to say, they didn't hold up well....

As far as not honoring warranties.... When guys like John Parker, John Allin, Geoff, and myself tell you Hiniker is not such a good choice, you might want to think twice, three times, four times.... awwww just forget Hiniker! I'll take my 20 year old Meyer ST 90 over a free Hiniker!

~Chuck

16. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Now THAT"S an endorsement, or an unendorsement in this case!!

17. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I would listen to what John Parker said-stay away from Hiniker.I know of one guy with one,and its all bent up after 2 seasons,his 7 yr old Fisher is still in better shape,I like Boss,Fisher,Western,Diamond,and even Sno-way's arent that bad,but ive had bad luck with Meyer.

18. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Lazer I have to admit your down pressure idea has me rubbing my beard,wandering around the house,saying something educated like "hmmmmmmm".I was thinking about a back blade which I sort of need but don't want,so your idea has really peeked my intrest.