1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new kind of fisher plow, just released

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigbadbrad, Feb 13, 2010.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Just because it has a fisher sticker on it don't make it a Fisher plow. That is a home made plow. it is made with components and manufacturing methods that NO manufacturer would use.

3. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

You do realize that the above linked video is of a model plow on an rc truck right? It's not a "real" plow. Just making sure.

4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

That things is pretty cool. And a decent scrape from an RC set-up.

5. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

its kinda funny that you actually think its a real plow, ITS A TOY

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty cool. It scrapes better than a real Fisher plow!

7. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

Hey, that's my plow. Glad you guys like it. I tried to make it as real as possible compared to my Fisher plow I had on my Bronco.

8. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

Upstate- thank you for bringing out that point. Yes people, its a RC truck.

9. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Def better than mine!!!! (but I just changed my attack angle and have had great results)

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Great job dude. That's good work. You should have down pressure with the lift servo.

11. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I thought about it, but it takes too much weight off the front end when plowing, and the truck looses traction. With a servo, there's no real "float" option.

12. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

It would take a long time to plow a driveway with that! LOL

Nice work.

13. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

you did a real good job on that, thats why i posted it, how long did it take you to build it?

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing:LMAO:laughing:

15. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I've been building RC plows for a long time. This one took about 2 weeks to build. I already knew how to design the trip edge from the Fisher V-Plow I built last year.

16. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Sorry, but I can't stand when someone blasts something without taking the time to figure out what's really there. Chris

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's really cool. Does the chain lift the blade? I couldn't really tell. And it looks like you have power angle. How big is the blade, and how much snow can you plow with it?

18. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Nice plow tiaquessa, after watching your vid I started watching some related vids and came across this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHzRnQHBKCw&feature=related

19. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

Thanks- Yes, it has a chain lift, and it angles left, straight, and right via a high torque servo. The blade is 12.5" long. I can plow about 2" of light snow.

20. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Add some Timbrens and 8 lbs of ballast, I bet you could plow 4" :laughing::laughing:

That thing's a riot, nice work :drinkup: