1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New kid from NJ waiting for some snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by johnny-b-bad, Dec 13, 2011.

1. johnny-b-bad

johnny-b-bad Junior Member
    from NJ

Just joined the site, not sure if intros are required but I figured I would do one. My name is John. Been plowing for about the past 5 years with an '02 Silverado 2500 with an 8' western pro plus. Just upgraded, or downgraded, to a 93 F350 with the 7.3 idi turbo diesel and a 9' meyer diamond plow. The truck was pretty much a basket case when I bought it last year but it worked. This past summer/fall, I tore it all apart and Im still in the process of working out all the bugs that bothered my like last year and some last minute maintenance. Im in getting ready to install a mount and wiring for the western on the ford since the meyer plow was way too big for the work I'm doing.

Heres a shot of the truck from last year.
    [​IMG]

And here it is now, still putting it together when i have time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Make sure you're glow plugs are good. Those IDI's need em to run right. She looks pretty good for an old Ford!! Good job man

3. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

Yup, thats on the to do list. Have them sitting on the seat. Ill probably replace them tomorrow before class. Its needed glow plugs since i bought it. Replaced the relay when i got the truck. Crossing my fingers that the old glow plugs aren't autolites or champions. If they are ill be pulling the heads off after they snap =(

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Haha yeah I hear ya there

5. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Yeah hope they come out. If not, do not force them. I have heard of people gently pulling on them while someone cranks the engine. Let the compression do the work. A word on penetrants, I really think aerokroil works wonders.

Also keep up with the SCA's in the coolant on that thing.

Oh and ditch that Meyer asap. lol

6. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

Thanks for the tip. And I've been relying on PB since i ran out kroil.... that stuff is amazing! Time for another order.

7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

looks good i want to have my truck painted white. someday i will have a 94-97 powerstroke f350. do you use those tires in the winter?

8. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

I don't use those in the winter, have a set of snows that came with the truck. Just trying to find some time to switch over.

9. big_stroker

big_stroker Senior Member

Great lookin rig.

Them old IDI motor will run and run once ya get em going.

10. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice job Thumbs Up Truck looks good in white, post more pics when you get the plow hung, PB Blaster is great stuff.

11. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

Well, i just got a little closer to getting the plow on my truck today. Installed the mount but I'm missing one of the brackets. I got 2 rights instead of 1 left and 1 right so back to the dealer on tuesday. And i should have it wired by then too. Laid it all out today and it looks pretty straight forward when it comes to the wiring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last night i built a back rack for my buddys truck. It was practice for the other one in building him and another for myself that is going on this truck. I should have all my lights wired up next week and do some maintenance stuff on the truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

what plow gonna have on it?

13. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

8' western pro plus that is on another truck, that one will be the spare and this one will be my primary truck.

14. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 Member

where in nj you from

15. johnny-b-bad

from NJ

Im in the sticks of sussex county