1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New kid and looking for some strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by igloo_kid, Nov 2, 2010.

1. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to the site and have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD with a 8.5 Western MVP plus plow and am looking to install some strobes for safety. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot but don't want to go too cheap to where I'm going to have to replace them in a few years. I saw some strobes on Youtube where the strobes were installed in the brake lights and front turn signals. I live in Alaska and here we have lots of rain so it's got to be REALLY waterproof. Any suggestions?
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Whelen vertex LEDs. I believe whelen gives them a five year warrenty. And a nice rotating beacon on top.
  3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Mini-Pinnacle on the roof and SoundOff LED undercovers in the rear tails. Five year warranty on both.
  4. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
  5. performanceplus

performanceplus Senior Member

I am a dealer for a couple different kinds of trucks strobes. If you let me know what you are looking to spend I can tell you what will be the best for you.
  6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a code3 dash light and deck light, and sound off LED's in the grille and on my tool box facing the rear. Four corner strobes are next on the list I think. But those may not come until I buy a strict work truck.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

NOVA X1100 LED's