1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New KAGE website and VIDEO

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by xtreem3d, Sep 11, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys, FWIW...
    Kage Innovation has a redesigned website with a new longer version of the kage pusher and plow video. some of the dialog is "corny" ( no offense michael) but it's a good video depicting what the kage can do . this year there is a tractor version also

EDIT PS watch the whole video because as you start watching you'll probably notice they're not pushing the snow in the most effective way, back and forth to opposing ends of the lot..it kind of looks like someone just learning to push with all the windrows of snow in the open lot....but they explain why that is towards the end
    the Kage is also redesigned with bolt on side panels
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

that's pretty cool. but bobcats don't go 65 down the freeway to the next job. you need to make a unit like that but for a truck.
  3. xtreem3d

i agree completely...that'd be a gold mine !!!!! when do we start?????:)
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Cool idea but really corny video
  5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a really cool idea, an angling box pusher :D However, the first few seconds where he refers to "snow warriors" ..... I could have done without listening to that section haha
  6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

yea and wounder how much
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

looks like it could get damaged easy IMO...and for as long as they have been out, I really dont hear much about em? Neat concept though. Vid was a bit cheezy:rolleyes:
  8. xtreem3d

my quote ( not including the plow) is $2100.00
    i am suprised you don't hear more either..i love mine and will probably never by a regular pusher
  9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

$2100 for just the pusher part?....If so, what does the whole setup cost?. How long have you been running one? And have you ever had a problem with the cage/pusher part coming off while stacking? Thanks
  10. xtreem3d

just the kage attachment is 2100.00 i am using 9 ft boss skid steer plows (trip edge versions) that i buy here locally for 3100.00 i have seen some boss 9ft skid plows recently on Ebay for 2600.00 (new). you probably think 5200.00 is alot but compared to comprably priced trip edge pushers it's in the ballpark but with extra features. if you look through the site i think there is still a demo of how the kage hooks to the plow and the cam locks won't allow it to come off unless the bucket is almost completely uncurled.(that
    's how you remove it so fast)
    this will be my third winter with the kages. they are powdercoated blue and mine look almost as nice as the day they arrived. i have the older version with the welded on side plates and haven't tweaked them yet but my guys are union operators so they are pretty good anyway.... but it's a beefy unit,
  11. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Really corny, but like you said, it's a cool idea.
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm lost, the video was alright but I casn't see any use to the Kage system. The tractor system is a complete joke, why would I buy that when I can buy a wingplow.
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe if you had a "snow warriors" mentality you'd understand. :D
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm more of a snow wimp. LOL
  15. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

...More like a snow PIMP.

That Kage has its applications I guess-just dont forsee myself buying one.
  16. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yea thats what I was thinkin. Whats stoping the kage from poping off if the edge happens to hit a bump or curb? Even with down pressure.
  17. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Thats a pretty neat concept.
  18. schmol

schmol Senior Member

I think its pretty cool, it kinda fixes the problem that I always had, never seeming to always have the right attatchment for every job. Sometimes a blade is great but a pusher would cetainly speed up the job once you've done all the trimming around curbs.
  19. xtreem3d

it works for my applications ..ie: mfg plant with lots of dock doors that i need to remove the kage and back drag....the wing plow is neat too but how much is it? not that this is a huge deal but alot more moving parts to fail
  20. xtreem3d

just found this vid of a wing plow http://www.degelman.com/index.php?p=Speedblade

this particular one looks fragile and no trip edge..what would happen to those wings if you hit a sewer lid? not sure how i would back drag dock doors with the wings open..it'd be too wide