1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Kage Videos! Take a 360 degree tour of the SnowFire and SnowStorm Units.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kristin Stephan, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Santa, pay attention!

3. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

ha! ha! I think you will need a bigger stocking:)

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice. Would love to try one to bad there are no dealers in my area.

5. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

DeVries- Regional Tractor Sales in Freelton sells our products. They are only 45 minutes from you.

6. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

Kristin -
    Im the canadian guy tymusic whole called before the show hoping you could put a 9 foot on the trailer... Trailer had left a few hours prior to me calling :(

I have since bought a used pusher/back blader but I will be ordering one before the next show. Thumbs Up

Whats the closest dealer to Detroit MI??

7. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Is there a dealer in Indy or cincy? I am about half way between both and I am wanting to purchase a unit if there is a dealer close.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What's the price of the loader unit?

9. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

We love our new Kage Snowfire!

P1010592.jpg

10. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

Arrived Friday, snowed Saturday!

DSC02317.jpg

11. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

What sizze is on that kubota? Also what did that cost ya? Enough power with machine or could of you had bigger pusher?

12. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

The loader is 75HP and weighs about 10,000 lbs. Kage recommended a larger unit 9' or 10' but I work in tight quarters and the 8' is perfect for what we do. The 8' Snowfire was $5,600.00. We subsequently purchased the poly edge to replace the steel cutting edge on the blade, that was another $450.00.

13. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

Another shot with the pusher detached. You can see how the steel edge scuffed up this driveway.

P1010602.jpg

14. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

So your suggesting the poly over steel edge? Also how do like that kubota? Seen one at a show but never ran one. I have a new s650BC

15. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

I would say steel if you are doing parking lots and roads. It's too aggressive for a seal coated driveway. I really like the Kubota, very roomy cab, great visibility, outstanding performance and top notch fit & finish.

16. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

Typical day at the office. I love my job! Snow is just a way to pass the time.

P1000624.jpg