1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Kage video!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kristin Stephan, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

2. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

Please stop with all this amazing footage !! LOL:D I love the kage system, I think it is the next best thing ( box pusher) to join the snow and ice indusrty, all the best in the future.
  3. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

LOL thanks Mike! I will promise many more to come:)
  4. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Nice video even my girlfriend thought it was funny.
  5. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

That's pretty neat. I always thought the cage looked like a useful product. Only one of our loaders has a JRB quick attach system, is there a way to mount it without having a quick attach system?
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome video and product. Will be purchasing a 10 footer for our asv this falland possibly a 12' for a tractor. The more and more i see these the more i like
  7. Workin 25/8

Workin 25/8 Junior Member
    from SD

Hey, another good looking video from kage. Been curious about about one of these set ups on a Gehl AWS 36 (similar size to a Volvo L25, around 60 hp). My dad bought it cheap with low hours on an auction; guess he decided the farm needed another write off. We have a Cat 924 and a couple of skid steers that clean out feed lots and barns; so too much idle iron in the winter. Anyways, we adapted a skid steer quit-tach for the Gehl so we can run several skid attatchments. Do you think we should look into a skid model or could the little loader handle a 10 foot snow storm? Have been renting and subbing some of this equipment out but looking to pick up some decent sized accounts for next winter and wondering the best way to outfit the skids and loaders. Thanks in advance.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Pretty slick for sure. Hows the price compared to say a 10-16 HLA 4200w?
  9. 89Comanche

89Comanche Member

Loved the video, especially the commentary on the truck portion. The cage seems like a great addition to the fleet for next season.
  10. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

workin 25/8- Your machine would work the best with a SnowFire (skid steer) system:)
  11. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Question for anyone that has used one.....Are they really much better than a blade with wings? Are they worth they extra cost? You can still windrow, backblade and stack with a blade with wings. I'm looking for some honest feedback.
  12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Brad, I have been using one on a tool cat, not going to lie, its pretty damn handy, if you want to see it, you are more then welcome. I have been helping a friend who broke his foot, with his contracts, and he has his toolcat setup with a 8ft kage.
  13. fci

fci Senior Member

I have been looking into buying a Kage system for my skid steer, any dealers near Maryland ? I do large parking lots so I am worried about break downs and available parts. Does anyone know if the cutting edge is interchangeable with any other plow or do you have to buy it only from Kage. And if a hose breaks or a angle cylinder blows out can you lock the plow straight with pins to use it as a regular push box?
  14. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Sure, bring it up when you come to buy my Pro-Tech pusher.;)
  15. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

kristin would have to chime in on the blown hose part, but I remember reading in one of her other posts that its a standard punch on the cutting edge so you can put anyone on
  16. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Not a Kage Owner BUT.....

Hey, don't own a Kage but I thought I would throw my two cents in.....

I do own a HLA 4200 10-16 as well as a HLA 3200 - 9-14 Swingwings

I would think the Kage might be cheaper, but I don't know for sure...

Don't think you can compare the Horst and Kage as they are completely different plows
    when it comes down to plowing productivity and ease of use,,,..

First off the HLA Swingwing blades combine the best of both blades into one.
    HLA Swingwings are really four plows in one, Kage is only three in one...
    There is no need to drop off part of the plow to windrow snow then pick it up to push, IMO that is a huge waste of time while trying to be productive in the midst of a snow event.

Secondly, you can back drag, plow or windrow at full extended wings width, can't do that with a Kage...

Thirdly, In my 8 years of experience with Horst blades, I just picked up my sixth HLA blade this week and not a single failure or breakdown ever... HLA blades are built like TANKS, every part of these plows are over built and heavy duty. The cutting edges are reversible and don't wear down like my truck blades do, I have yet to reverse a cutting edge on any HLA plow yet.

Forth, HLA blades are heavy and come fully loaded, no need to buy extra options,
    4200 HLA 10-16 weighs in a 2140 lbs
    3200 HLA 9-14 is 1480 lbs

Not sure if this info helps you, but IMO you can't buy a better built wing plow then a HLA

Good-luck with your purchase..

17. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

What do you run them on??