1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Kage arrived today.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Marbleman, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

8 foot Kage is in place, now all we need is some Snow!!!!!

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Need bigger, additional, and more detailed pics!!!!!
  3. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Smart purchase! Hopefully you'll have alot of snow to move soon.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Did you take advantage of the 25% off sale?
  5. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Someday :rolleyes:
    Anyway congrats on the buy and looks like a killer set up Thumbs Up
  6. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

I think you will love it i know we love the two we have! Lets see some more pics though
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

one day, i am going to have to break down and get one of those things
  8. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

What do you know Johnny that I don't know????? To the others, thanks for the comments, will get some more pics after the holiday.
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I recieved a 25% off email a couple of days before you posted. Thought you may have taken advantage of the offer, thats all.
  10. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Whats the pricing on an 8ft setup?
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I thought the 20% off coupons Horst was handing out online in Sept was good but 25% is better.
  12. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

They called me and said 25% off if I buy now.
  13. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

i got the same call. and an email too.
  14. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

They must be trying to move some units to be calling everyone they can find lol. He I dont blame them.
  15. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

I got the 25% off email as well. The only problem is that I purchased a unit a few weeks before the sale. emailed Kage and all they could say is "I'm sorry". Just plain bad business. They may make a great product but they are lousy business people. They are in effect selling retail at dealer cost. I couldn't even sell my brand new unused unit now without taking a huge beating. That's a $1,400 hit that has really put a bad taste in my mouth for these guys. If they want to be a big player in the industry, they have to think through these types of issues and be prepared to take care of compensating prior purchasers or they will build more bad will than good. I don't think it's unreasonable that they refund the difference to anyone that purchased a unit within 30 to 60 days. I took off the Kage stickers off my unit and I no longer tell people who makes it when they ask. I may even repaint it.
  16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Would a Ford, GM, or even Dodge dealer do that for you? Heck no. No dealer anywhere would do that for you. You made the best decision you could at the given time with the given info. Sleep tight that you did the best you could at that time.

Did Kage exercise poor business? Absolutely. If they had any decent type of CRM software, anyone who purchased would have no direct info of the promotion - only unsold leads would have gotten that coupon. Its likely they over built inventory and undersold their targets. They are doing what any smart, seasonal manufacturer is doing: selling what they can for whatever they can during the tail end of the already short sales window they have.

Would you want to sit on any amount of inventory that would likely not have any amount of sales activity for another 8 or 9 months?
  17. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

They make a great design just too overprice. They don't advertise there prices because THEY even know there over priced. Good lookin set up :salute:
  18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If Horst does that next year PLEASE let me know :) :salute:
  19. OBPM

OBPM Junior Member
    from NJ

I agree if they were Ford, GM or even Dodge, however even they had, and maybe still do have the money back policy. In any event, we are not talking about a vehicle but rather a relatively small piece of equipment and they should step up and do the right thing. I kb\now that I can return most anything purchase at my equipment dealer within 45 days and get a full refund, it's no difference. If it were me, I wouldn't even think twice about refunding the difference. I think it's part of our business ethic and culture. We always take care of the customer, whatever the cost. It's a business model that has proven to do well for us.
  20. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I was not aware of the rebate when I purchased the unit, nor was the dealer. I hope they step up and do what is right and give me the 25% to me since the rebate was in place when I received the unit.