1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New John Deere 764 High Speed Dozer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

Wow I have so many things I could do with one of those!
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That has been available for several months now
  4. GTLS

GTLS Member

That's cool! And it articulates!

TJBUILT1 Junior Member

How much for one of those?
  6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't want to even think about it, you can't tell from the JD site because they don't even have a "build your own" option for it
  7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks awsome

Now someone needs to make a pusher for that thing that will allow it to stack
  8. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I'm IN LOVE with the grey colour! Sick machine!
  9. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

^^^ word, that gray machine looks damn sweet. That would look awesome going down some city street to clean lots lol. It would put fear into snow and mother nature hahaha.
  10. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I don't think I wont to know how much . It can't be cheap
  11. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

That thing is awesome!! John Deere's paint scheme withthe gray looks really sick. I reallly could use one of those things. Mayb buy one of those instead of that D5 widetrack were looking at
  12. greenred

greenred Member

That looks like John Deers answer to the success of the Case IH Quadtrac. There are quite a few Quadtracs being used in my area on construction sites, especially for pulling scrapers.

I really like the out front visibility the operator has on the John Deer.

Its being marketed as a dozer, but I wonder what the difference is in its capability compared to a Dozer of similar size and engine HP with conventional tracks.

I assume conventional tracks get better traction but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sf9Ud8KnfA here is a cool video of a quadtrac in a pulling contest with a tank.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Anything with tracks is cool but that thing is awsome.
  14. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

High speed bulldozer, I have never seen where speed and bull dozing was a issue. Around here pushing blasted lime stone would eat up those rubber tracks. They only show it working in dirt. That dozer would have limited use in my books around here
  15. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I don't want to hijack, but this company Mattracks had pictures on the web site

16. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

A few more

17. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

a few things:

it costs 250 thousand if i recall correctly
    the point is that it goes 6/18 mph when a regular dozer does like only a few mph
    it can drive over/on pavement to cross a job site without destroying the pavement

it would be a useless machine for snow removal unless u had a giant pusher and no need to stack the snow.. plus it's huge
    we don't like thinking about replacing a set of tracks on a tracked cat at several grand, now imagine twice as many tracks and each is probably twice as much to replace

it doesn't come in that gray color is was just for the unveiling and shows

if you ask me it's the big machine co's (cat/deere/etc) trying to show that they are not building the same 50 year old machines despite all the technology of the last 20 years, but unfortunately all this says to me is that they don't have any designs for better equipment.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very unique, we'll be seeing reviews shortly im sure.
  19. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Mattracks are awesome...and they are also awesomely expensive. You're looking at 30k for that tractor kits.
  20. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

You can write it off, that's what my friends tell me