1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New John Deere 5055e

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Apr 24, 2011.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

New John Deere 5055e. 55hp 4x4.

Moose 004 (640x480).jpg

Moose 005 (640x480).jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice tractor and trailer!

Whats its primary use? Not too much snow I'd figure without a cab....

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Will have 2 main functions. Winter for loading sand and moving snow back (after a storm). Summer for moving/loading lobster traps.

Plan to get some more attachements to do some other work. Rototiller, post hole digger, bush hog, etc.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice tractor. How much does a lobster trap weigh?

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks! (Just to be clear too, the tractor is actually my fathers but I will use it and keep it at my house about 11 months of the year.)

A lobster trap can weigh anywhere from 30lbs to well over 100lbs. Just depends on where/how it will be fished.

6. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Very nice tractor.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm so jelius. My cousin just bought one just like it except his is a 65HP. They are very nice tractors. If I had that tractor I would put a Farmi winch on it and go cut some wood. Not trying to be a jerk or any thing but, have fun putting chains on it becouse they will hit the fenders. My cousin had to raise his fenders so he could get chains on.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Somehow they all seem to be 150lbs by the end of a 12 hour day.

Great looking tractor. My next one will be about that size. I don't really need one that big, but why not?!

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

No such thing as a tractor too big!!!

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

No plans for chains at this point but that's good to know!

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I disagree, kind of hahaha. I have to fit mine through a bunch of gates and in some tight places around my barns. My future solution is to have three different sized tractors!payup

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Ok, you got me there. No such thing as too many tractors though!! :D