1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by njsnowremoval, Sep 29, 2010.

1. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

i was wondering if strobes are leagal on trucks in nj, ive seen a couple of guys with then mostly in plowing and construction but im unsure if there leagal or if you need a permit. when i get my truck in march ill be getting a plow and i really dont want a big amber light on top of my truck. Thanks in advance. :mechanic:

2. carrfamily01

carrfamily01 Member

New Jersey law requires commercial plates and a permit> 100% positive. I looked into it at NJMVC>

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

with commercial registration, you can get a 4 year permit. i have held permits for my vehicles for over 30 years.

4. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

depends on the color.

clear hideaway strobes or red in your taillights are illegal. some places you can get away with it and others you can't

5. wmn224

wmn224 Junior Member
    from nj

I have plowed with strobes on my truck for a while with no permit in jersey. No one has ever bothered me. That is just plowing though. It would be a different story if I had them on with out pushin.