1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey Winter 2016-2017

Discussion in 'Weather' started by J.Ricci, Sep 3, 2016.

1. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

I've been checking the weather pretty obsessively over the last couple of days about this tropical storm riding up the coast our way and it reminded me constantly checking snow updates all winter long. What's everyone's thoughts? Also keep your fingers crossed for those of us down here on the shoreline. Looks like it might get ugly

2. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

We are crossing our fingers for you out here in the west.

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to get some bad ocean activity, but last I heard this is going to get pushed out. But ya never know. Hey, in a few months, could be snow.

4. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

I live on the islands so I'm waiting to see how it goes. Last I saw rain 50-60mph winds and a lot of coastal flooding

5. Randall Ave

How are you making out down there? Up here Mine Hill, suns out, not a breeze blowing.

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

Rain for the next week or 2. Great for the lawns I aerated and over seeded last week, Just hard to cut grass in. :dizzy:

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I'm in succasunna Randall Ave. Company name is nolco. Do you have a business you run out of mine hill?

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave Garage. Truck repair. But I don't advertise it on here. Here mostly if I can help someone, and for the comedy.

9. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Time to pull the plow out this weekend and start getting ready, the trucks have been completely covered in frost the last few mornings. Almost that time

10. Randall Ave

We got at least another month, we are in a drought. Hope things change.

kawasaki guy likes this.
  11. kawasaki guy

Same. Sprinkler systems are blown out, and everything is dead. Like drought brown dead. Have had a few customers call and ask if I burnt their lawns with last fert app even. Not much mowing this week.

12. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

What a year its been. Cleanups have been going smooth, knock on wood were getting alot done.

Not even close to being ready for snow. Have to set up a new truck with a plow frame and wiring, have to change another one over to be able to run a straight blade and the wiring harness fried on my '12 Ram. oh yea, been one hell of a month. But i have some pallets of salt paid for and most of my contracts are in ,hoping for a good winter.

13. kawasaki guy

I still have my pallet from last year. No smow.... We need some real rain NOW too.

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You had your rain you wished for come yesterday. Did it perform as expected ?

:waving:

15. kawasaki guy

Not sure. Will have to check out some of my lawns Today.

16. Randall Ave

Rained like a ba@#$&d here, unfortunately the roof decided to leak. Monday had no power for 4 hrs. Not my best productive week.

17. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Looks like this beautiful fall weather will be a thing of the past come tonight. The good news for all of you is im about to pull the trigger on a used skid which means we will get a boatload of snow. Last plow i bought 2 years ago was a pretty dam good winter. Lets hope

18. kawasaki guy

28 for one night on Tuesday, and then back to above freezing.

19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Wont be the mid 60s weve been enjoying.. and have you looked outside.. beautiful

IMG_0899.JPG

20. Randall Ave

Snowing here. Ground is white. Puppy didn't like it.