1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey Weather 2010-11

Discussion in 'Weather' started by forestfireguy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

So guys whats up with the winter long range forecast?? And while we're at it whats the story with this hurricane coming up the coast.

2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Yea man im sayin the same thing...Im in the process of adding pro plus wings to my 8 1/2' western conventional..and building my own heavy duty power angle back plow.....i wanna use this stuff this year

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

2 people from jersey that it? this might be a fun weather thread this year for yall!

4. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Well, I quess we will soon see. I'm outside of Atlantic City but closer to Ocean City. And that's way below the snow belt. We get hammered hard if we get a good Nor'easter and if the ocean/air temps are just right, other wise we get rain and sleet. Last winter was profitable. So hoping for another good storm.

5. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

cant wait, its nice and cool out now. Dont need anything crazy like last year, but a bunch of small storms and ice.

6. forestfireguy

The crazier the better for me..............

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

go back to where u came from

8. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I hope we get hit hard like last year with snowfall amounts. They're saying its supposed to be more fridged this winter so we should be seeing lots of ice storms payup

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  9. forestfireguy

The more ICE the merrier, the best money is in salt, Jon, did you get that salt info I sent?

10. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Yes sir, i appreciate it

11. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thinking the same, more salt events. My one supplier fell thru, anyone have any good salt suppliers or contacts please let me know.

12. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I used Dave from Snow Fighter Supply. He is based in Michigan i believe but was shipping salt up from Del. He was the cheapest i found and fast delivery.

13. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Where at in Delaware?

14. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

not sure of the place where he was having it shipped from. i can get you his # though

15. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Please do, and if you have a price, website, ph number, any info

16. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

does any one here know where i can buy Bulk salt by the bag? or bulk sal in General? Thanks Hunter.

17. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Yes please.

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

hey guys.....welcome back. What a crazy winter last year.....doubt we see that for a while....My forcast for jersey is 20-25 inches.....alot of sloppy sleet/ice storms...I think we get 2-3 plowable events in december. Im on my own this year with my father.......so it should be fun...looking foward to it.

19. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

He is based in MI? Post his number or email me thanks

20. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ill take 3 good events for the year...espec with our workload that just keeps goin up... hopefully my truck makes it through:eek: