1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey Landscape 2001 - Trade Show

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

The 24th Annual NJ Landscape Trade Show & Conference is being held today. It is sponsored by the NJLCA.
    You can pay at the door. There will be a lot of equipment on display, and it's a great chance to meet, and network with your peers.

From 8:30 Am - 4:30 PM

Meadowlands Exposition Center
    355 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094
    (201) 223-1000

You can see a map, and get driving directions here.

http://yp10.superpages.com/supermap...&AD=&GV=0&GL=&FN=&level=9&map.x=212&map.y=125

Long link, sorry, but it will take you to the map you might need.

~Chuck

2. steveair

steveair Senior Member

How bout those Tri - state Mulch girls........

Also, I suddenly have the urge to buy a bobcat....wonder if those hot red leather pants are included in the price?

Got to love the "hired guns" these guys bring to the shows!

steveair

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

The SIMA booth had a direct line of site to the Mulch Girls, so I'm sure that made it more bearable for the guys manning it. Steve, I talked to the guy that sold you the Dingo, but I had gotten there late & he figured you were probably gone already.

4. crash22201

crash22201 Junior Member

I went to the show. was pretty kool.thinking about buying
    one of those 973 bobcats.
    What did u guys think about the ladies from powerco?
    They were signing calenders.
    Very good show. lots of people though.
    bye guys.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Those Powerco girls had a line around the row waiting for signatures. The mulch girls had them beat hands down IMO.
    Besides, as BRL said, the mulch girls were diagonally across from us! The Powerco girls were sitting down most of the time, behind a table. The mulch girls on the other hand.... didn't have any chairs.

All in all a great show. Tons of equipment, and a great interest in SIMA. The new SIMA booth catches the eye, and having the Basic Plowing Techniques video playing, had even more people stopping to learn about SIMA. Even a few "wives of plowers" stopped by to look at the video, and grab some SIMA info.

~Chuck

6. crash22201

crash22201 Junior Member

the mulch girls were #1 they were very good sales
    reps. I don't think that every one was into the mulch but the girls... I was looking at that video pretty good.
    I am gona join very soon. lots of good stuff
    there. It was more like a skid steer battle.
    who's is bigger and better.
    I will definately go next year again..
    bye,
    bob

7. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Member

Certainly worth the trip to the show.....lots of equipment on display..good networking oppurtunity and of course there were the girls....my wife was one of those looking at the SIMA booth....thought learning to plow might be better done (at least basically) from a vdieo than from spending hours in the truck with me..lol..all in all a very worthy trip with lots of good info and sources for plants and equipment..also since my wife was there I think I am now suffering from whiplash as I tried to catch the girls as they/we walked by.lol

8. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Oh Man, I forgot that show was this week, I wanted to go. I went last year and it was real good. Sounds like the mulch girls where a big hit, anybody got pictures? =)

[Edited by little green guy on 03-02-2001 at 01:08 AM]

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Rumor has it the Sima girls will be making their debut in Denver.:D