1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Weather' started by V_Scapes, Aug 8, 2015.

1. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Figured I'd do the honor since some of my first snow contracts went out last week.

Hows everyones year been?

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

We've been here, waiting for el Nino to arrive, wondering if the big fat as$ Will find his way back home from his aspirations of immortality in American history. Too bad for him, you know, being trumped by the loon.

3. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking snow already, this week I plan on getting my snow contracts all sent out now that things are finally starting to settle down. Seems like people are finally starting to spend money again, been so busy with pavers & installs that we've hardly had time to do any trimming jobs over the past couple months. Hopefully everyone else is keeping just as busy

4. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Well I have been thinking of the winter. They are already pulling loads of salt out Port Newark. First week of Seprtember I start preparing 120 truck for the winter season. Lets hope for the best.

5. H&NServices

H&NServices Member
    from NJ

Supposedly gonna be a nasty one this year. Hopefully it comes true. Guess I should start the old welder up and finally re skin the boss

6. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I'll be shopping around for a newer truck to replace my 99 rustbucket!

7. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Pulled my plow out today and cleaned it and painted it. Will be installing a new cutting edge as well! Man did I get some looks today with it on my truck LOL!

8. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Today is the first day of winter prep at New Jersey Transit, and yes everyone always says "Is it going to snow toinght" so sick of hear that ****.
    120 truck to prep, lets see how this works out this year.
    be safe

9. carrfamily01

carrfamily01 Member

Here's to a action packed winter! wesport

10. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

Itching to service the plows, but the past few Saturdays when I said I was going to do it I somehow suddenly ended up fishing xysport

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Well, go fishing, play with plow, fishings always gonna win.

12. H&NServices

H&NServices Member
    from NJ

This "tropical storm" that is supposed to be coming should be interesting.

13. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

Looks like we'll be spending Friday prepping for the storm

14. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

So is this hurricane mess going to help snow season, bringing colder waters in?

15. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Thats not how it works.

Kind of hoping the brunt misses us but also hoping for some good rain. Heard the Euro is taking it OTS alittle more.

16. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

Spent the night getting ready with the fire department and starting to get my house in order, trending off the coast but after Sandy can't be too careful down here. Wouldn't mind some rain and enough wind for some tree cleanups though

They're not interconnected that closely

17. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Winter Outlook
    Toms River NJ 2015-16
    -------------
    # of Snow Events (5)
    # of 4"+ Snowstorms(1)
    -------------
    Salting Events will be slightly above normal
    --------------
    Patience may be the key to this winter with a possible mild dry start in December. El Niño will be Strong to Super so expect wild swings in temps and weather after January 15th this winter.
    --------------
    Avg snowfall 14.4"
    This winter 15.1"
    Most after Jan 15th

I hope not

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Summer work about done.. Ready for snow.. O and expect snow on dec 22 as im expecting kid numero dos

19. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Hahaha itll snow for sure! Best of luck.

Snow after christmas would be ideal so we can finish cleanups without hassle. The leaves have really begun to start changing here in Ringwood, the sooner they come down the better.

20. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Out this morning, one store front t thermometer showed 37'. Getting there.