1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bronco91, Sep 4, 2013.

1. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

so i have bin:mechanic: looking around found some preliminary maps for this up coming winter. i hope the stay correct. but will just have to wait and see.

snowfall-predictions-US.jpg

Temperature-predictions-US.jpg

snowfall-predictions-mid-atlantic.jpg

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, since I live here..

What the heck is a "winter battle zone"....???? Yeah, I'm right in it.

3. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Jep, same here for Long Island... swords and helmets to get ready?

4. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

I'll believe it when it's on the ground.

5. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I saw pretty much the same thing from the Farmers Almanac. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

6. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Snow

That is what I have seen to... Lets hope it is true. I will believe it when I see it to. I think we are due for a good one so lets hope and pray that we get it. All the guys in my town have been saying they keep seeing that to. They have said they hear Feb is going to be good right around the super bowel. I guess time will tell. Hope all you guys have had a good year so far.....

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yup....Got my helmet on right now, although it looks like there is a PITA on my shoulder as well...:nod:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Looks like you are taking a nap in snow bank.. lol. However, would be nice to get MORE smaller amount snow falls this up coming season( not season average all in one shot). Remember this " Slow and steady wins the race"?;)

9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Also in the battle zone and wondering what it means. But wasn't last year's expectations much higher than it turned out to be ?

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at those maps, no snow for Canada. :drinkup:

11. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Still got a long ways to go and we still have alot of landscape work to do, its been a great year. as long as the snow waits until AFTER leaf season its all good. Hope everyone is well

12. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

New Jersey guys I hope you can help me out. I know this isn't about the weather but I was wondering if any one can recommend a shop that can convert my gas salter to an electric one. Any help would be great. Thatnks and hope every one is having a great year.

13. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Is Everyone enjoying this FANTASTIC weather ?????

I can honestly say that this has been one of the best weather years I can ever remember. Very little SUPER hot days, and an abundance of low humidity, jeans and T-shirt / clear sky days.

Some days it just feels really good to be alive Thumbs Up

14. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

I love these chilly mornings

15. matt7791

matt7791 Member

love the chilly mornings hope snow to follow ussmileyflag

16. rbyrnesjr

rbyrnesjr Member

I'm with Matt. I'm looking forward to the dollars from heaven.

17. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

If what I have heard in the past holds true about the larger the acorn that falls the more severe the winter, then the huge ones I saw on the ground in Wayne mean we should be in for a profitable winter, like it was said before small events preferred, slow and steady wins the race, to me a good winter is measured in high profits, not the highest stacked snowpile.

18. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

BUy a new one

before going through all that, I would sell the one you have and buy a new electric one. Time, effort and ease of transition wold be a lot easier.

19. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I wouldn't do that. I work for New Jersey transit and we bought 2 and they are sitting outside not used. Prep the gas ones right and you will be ok

20. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Bring it on. New Jersey Transit is going wild getting ready. Can You Say "Super Bowl"