1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jeeps

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Joel B., Nov 9, 2008.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Any one have one of the newer Wranglers with the 3.8 V6? How do you like the vehicle and engine? How is the mileage?

Thank you,

Joel B.
  2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I believe thats the same motor as in the Liberty, and those have been around for a while without any major issues. I test drive a new JK a while ago just for shits and giggles, and it doesnt have the torque that the 4.0 has and doesnt seem to have the low end power either. Overall I was not impressed by the JK at all. I will keep my 4.0 TJ thank you very much.
  3. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I dunno, ive enjoyed my jk thus far. Depends on the person I guess. Some like em, some dont *shrugs* Mine has plenty of getup and go where needed....

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Hey I was there.

Jeep rally 013.jpg
  5. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

So many ideas running through my head for that JK
  6. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

LOL What a fun time. I remember seeing your jeep, as I was looking at jerry can setups :) Also think I saw that jeep yesterday heading from danvers to peabody (if still running the bikini top with soft doors), and the same jeep parked off of 62 near the aggi....

I babied my JK for first few weeks, then said F it time to have fun. Got some new rubi wheels and tires, suspension and stripped all carpet out of the interior. Yeah people think im nuts, but hey, my Jeep ill enjoy it how I please :). JK's are quite veraitile on road, off road, and gun range :D Hell I just finally just got the doors back on a couple weks ago

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Nope KJ's had the 3.7 liter motor in them.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Bought my wife a 08 Sahara with the 6speed manual and 3.23 gears. After 15000km not one issue other than I haven had time to remove the hardtop to remove the softop from the back. Overall I must say Jeep did thier homework on this one. Did I mention the 20 miles/gal average on the truck. In my cj 7 I'm lucky to get 7miles/gal.
  9. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

sorta wish i had the 3.23's for the gas milage, but love my 4:10's for offroading so... and still get about 16-18 mpg
  10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Yup I live right by the Aggi .It is at my friends house down the street in Danvers right now he is welding in some new floor pans for me.BTW I don`t think your nuts thats what Jeeps are made for.
  11. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

lol thought so, g/f always slaps me when I drive by cause i slow down and wish my jeep looked as good as yours does. Got a mean looking jeep. :)
  12. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

hahaha no kidding, those fairgrounds are in my Hometown, about 5 minutes from my house. Wish i had known a few Plowsite guys were gonna be there, I woulda taken a ride over - Nick
  13. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Thanks bro,Take a look when you go by again I just bought an F250 with a 8' Fisher MM.
  14. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

will be there for it next year (if still have my jeep then)