1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jeep pics

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Plowfast9957, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Anyone have any pics of the new style (JK) Jeeps with a plow? I really like the new Jeeps and would like to do some light plowing with it. I would like to see and hear from some owners first. Thank you.
  2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

'07 JK Plow

I have been trying to down load pictures of my '07 Wrangler with a plow, but everytime I try, I can't seem to get the pictures to transfer. Just bought a new computer and will try and see if it can down load the pictures. The JK is a great vehicle to plow with. I have a 7 1/2 ft. Boss SportDuty.
  3. tincup64

tincup64 Junior Member
    from boston

did you have to put timbrens in on the jk with the boss poly?
  4. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

No extra help on the front end. Hardly drops at all. I have had 3/4 ton trucks with plow packages that dropped more then the Jeep does.
  5. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

I hope these pictures will take this time.

6. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The light is a magnet mount. Metal plates were attached to the roof with silicon.
  7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

That looks good!

Just be carefull with the light. Silicone isnt always the best as an adheasive. Once it starts to peel it wont take much for it to come off.. I do like that idea though.
  8. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

If your Jeep could talk it would say: "Put this plow on your truck!, take me 4x4'n!"
    To add to that...the Jeep probabley is probabley worth double then what that Ford is worth...lol.
    Only joking.
    My buddy bought that same Jeep last year and we took it climbing and mud running. It handled great and got over every obstacle. We take it to Wellsville, Ohio where there are 100's of acres of nothing but hills, trails, mud and rocks.

Good luck to you while you plow in luxury this year!
  9. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I used to have my light mounted the same way (steel plate and magnets) tree branches would knock it off. It would swing on the power cord and dent the door or hood. I now have a ratchet strap bolted to where the magnets are on the light, the strap goes front to rear. never had it come off since.
  10. tincup64

tincup64 Junior Member
    from boston

thank you very much
  11. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Here is a shot of my 2008 Wrangler with a 22 Snoway. Worked great last year, no problems at all. I could only download 1 pic as it said my others had already been downloaded under "new plow setup" title. You can look there if you want to see a couple other pics.

Jeep pictures0004.jpg
  12. tincup64

tincup64 Junior Member
    from boston

looks great. any mods to the front end?
  13. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

d70stang- what kind of deflector is that? On Sno-way's accessory part of their site I have only found a 3 piece "E-z fit". Is there a different name I can search or is it not a Sno-way brand? Thanks.
  14. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Only mods to the front end were 1.75" spacers on the front coils. The deflector is the one piece design. I beleive it is a snoway model. My receipt list part number 99100490, purchased for $75.00 last year. Hope that helps.
  15. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Thanks for the part number. My local dealer is going to make some calls to his distributor. His book only lists the 3 piece. I hope it wasn't discontinued.
  16. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

And does it ride high in the front with the plow off?
  17. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

I just bought the deflector last year so I wouldn't think it would be discontinued yet. I bought it from Shorewood RV in Anoka, MN. As far as the ride height with the plow off, it just seemed to level it. I thought that from the factory these JK's lean forward quite a bit. Once I put the spacers in, now it looks level to me. I actually like it a bit better this way.
  18. JEC

JEC Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just got the SnowDogg on my 08 yesterday.

I like the way it looks, rides, and handles. The relatively light 400 lb ound plow barely drops the front end. (the Jeep has a 2" lift)
  19. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

20. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Looks nice. Do you have a hard top or are you staying with the softtop all winter?