1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new jeep in the fleet....boss vs blizzard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by boomertek, Sep 22, 2011.

1. boomertek

boomertek Junior Member
    from chicago

hey guys, new to the forum. have a question for ya...we just picked up a new 2011 jeep wrangler this year and im wondering what kind of plow to put on it. i have westerns on both my f250s but because of the 4 inch lift i was told western cannot be mounted on the jeep...so that leaves me with 2 options..blizzard and boss...the blizzard im lookin at is the 6'8" with the backdrag edge and the boss is the 7' sport duty poly. the jeep is gonna be used 90% driveways and the rest of the time salting and helping the trucks with tight spots on bigger lots. any info would be great. ( im leaning towards blizzard for the backdrag edge for the driveways)ussmileyflag

2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I purchased the same vehicle this spring. I just installed a Boss 7'6" sport duty for ours. It will be fitted for a back blade as well.
    All my plows are Boss so I have parts if I need them. I'm sure the Blizzard will work well for you as well.

3. boomertek

boomertek Junior Member
    from chicago

where do u get the back drag blades for the sportdutys? do u have the poly? the back drag blade was the only reason i was thinking about the blizzard

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

If you go with the Blizzard, I would suggest to spend a little extra and get the 7'2". They are good plows, the metal seems a little thin though. The Jeep should be able to handle that plow and then some.

5. boomertek

boomertek Junior Member
    from chicago

6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have 3 of the small blizzards and they do trip quick easily, and going from a big plow to one is like english to french, but for what they are and do, they are great! The only plow I would take a better look at instead of the 720lt is the new Boss V that is meant for UTV's, that's pretty nifty!

Jon

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with the Blizzard 8611LP......You might need to Crank the T-bars (do jeeps have T-bars?)...A set of Timbrens might help too...Also about 800lbs of ballast in the back seat would be a good idea......:eek:........Thumbs Up

8. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

so he should take my wife and her sister to go plowing?????????????

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:....Well, If you have a couple of Big Women around....Sure take them.......:drinkup:

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I will be mounting an Arctic plow partner to the back of it. Should have that installed in the next week or so and will post pics.

11. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Do you mean a backdrag edge or a pull plow

12. boomertek

boomertek Junior Member
    from chicago

i saw that v plow set up...pretty sick...but again i need somethin thats good for backdragging 90% of the time lol....so from what im seeing blizzard is the way to go?

13. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

How does the back drag blade work on the boss sport duty?

14. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

He's talking about a pull plow. The Arctic plow partner is back blade like an ebling just way smaller.

15. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

Oh. Ok. Thanks

16. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

According to western's "quick match" you can mount either a suburbanite (worthless POS), or an HTS 7'6".