1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Invention ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Oct 24, 2004.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

I`m new to plowing, but after checking out this site so much, I`ve learned alot. Anyways, I was thinking about the technique of back blading and how some manufactures are putting down pressure to keep the blade from raising. What about if you mount a section of another blade facing the opposite way, level or slightly higher off the ground, BEHIND the blade, one piece on each side. When you back blade, you will be plowing in reverse, and the blade will scoop the snow and keep the blade on the ground better.
    I know each plow has a different setup behind the blade, but for now, the area on each side, where there is more room to install, with a bracket assembly, that moves the reverse blade out, to clear the springs. This way it would only come into play pulling the snow in reverse. Good idea? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

People have been putting back blades on plows for awhile. I don't think any manufacturer actually offers one, but alot of shops will build them for you. I have seen them on Fishers because they run the trip edge, and the majority of the blade stays put. They work very simply. Pushing forward they follow the contours and drift behind the plow. Backward I believe the attack angle is set so that it digs in some, and attmpts to scrape. The problem with pulling snow backward is the plow fills up quick and spills over each end regardless if it is angled or not. I'm sure you cold get someone to post a pic or a back blade for you.

3. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

western now has stock back blade

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Hiniker has solved the back drag problem with their C-Plow the upper 2/3 of the blade folds over to back scrape. It even has a cutting blade on it...