1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New International Project Truck and a Few Random Shots

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LunchBox, Sep 11, 2011.

1. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I got a 1984 International 10 Wheeler that I'm going to be fixing up to plow with. This is the truck I was going to put a pusher on, but unfortunately I did not win that bid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Truck runs great needs some frame work and some cosmetic work, which is fun to me.

The next few shots are random things from work.
    [​IMG]
    This is the first mini wheeled excavator I have ever seen. We had to do the hydraulic swivel in it, and it sucked!

2. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

This one is of a Mantis we shipped out to Western Mass for a job, this guy has some wicked nice trucks.
    [​IMG]

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats a nice Kenworth tractor, i saw that truck down in CT back in May moving a machine

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck, plans for the bed? monster sander?

5. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Yeah he's out of Monson, MA right on the border.
    Thats my plan, I don't have any spots for it this winter so I can just slowly take my time and do it right.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey Lunchbox, how well do you think a '88 Ford 8000 would do with a pusher? Its a single axle truck 31000 gvwr. I found one near me with a front harness already on it and cental hydros. It's got an old rotted out spreader i would trash and replace with a flatbed.

7. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

From what Niege told me that truck should work with a 12 foot pusher. I'd toss a couple tons on the back and as long as you got a long straight push that sounds like it would work great. I'm dying to do that set up, I just don't have the application for it.

8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

is that a DT466 in there?

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. I'm asuming your going to plow roads with it?

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Really looking forwatd to your project. I recently bought a 1982 S series that was an old IL DOT truck that came with central hyds for plow and salter. I have been working on it slowly this summer. here are pics of what i started with. Paid $3300.00 for it. DT 466 with an allison auto, 100,000 miles in 30 years !!!!! not bad. runs great. Bought it off the sister site "Lawnsite". Only thing i don't like is the 5.38 rear gears. In 82 the speed limit was only 55 and this thing is about screaming by then

DSCN0259.JPG

DSCN0262.JPG

DSCN0270.JPG

DSCN0267.JPG

DSCN0261.JPG

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks yeah I was thinking 12' also. I don't have the lots for it either, but I was thinking i could sub it on. But the more I think about it, I should find one under 26k and with hydro brakes. That way anyone can drive it. Enjoy the project, i look forward to seeing the completed project :nod:

12. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

It's got a Cummins in it, and runs great. My six wheeler has the DT466 and I love that motor.

Yes eventually. If I don't get a big enough lot for it, which is likely. I would love to put a wing on it, it's got plenty of beef in the front springs so it should be able to handle it.

If the whole restoration thing doesn't work out like I plan it, I may look specifically for a lot big enough for this truck with a 12 or 14 foot pusher on it. Almost just to say I did it. I have never seen anyone around here with that set up. Keep me posted about your pusher truck. :salute:

13. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

That's a solid truck, I gotta find that part number from truck n tow for the wheel simulators for you. It's not on their site at all, but i know it's in the catalog. I probably just threw it out though haha

14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a solid project base! Can't wait to see the in progress pics!

15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I ended up not buying that truck, but I got this one instead :)

'63 Ford F600 13' Flatbed Dump. Almost entirely rust free, bought it just for that reason. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it now! I'm thinking drive it around town just for fun. Maybe throw a billboard in the back and do some advertising lol. :D

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

16. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

that sure looks like a clean truck. I bought a 65 F600 just for the fact it had a better bed on it and swaped beds with the IH pictured. Mine had a 360 heavy duty ,5 speed with a split rear. Good luck on the new project,
    Steve

DSCN0432.JPG

DSCN0433.JPG

DSCN0434.JPG

DSCN0431.JPG

17. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

You should paint that company colors, letter it up and bring it to car and truck shows.

18. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Is that a Northern Tree service Mantis? It's a shame we got those tornadoes but he made out well!

19. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Yeah that was his crane next to the mini. We had to do some work on it. His guys said they haven't had a weekend off since the tornado, and the morning they came to pick it up I met them at my place a 5:15 so they could get right to work.

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That truck will handle a wing great. Them International wheelers like that make great plow trucks.