1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New International Dump Truck...Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Just pick this little gem up today. I'm very happy with it.

I actually have another thread going in the heavy equipment section, but I figured I'd throw a few pics up here.

The truck is:

1993 International 4600 Low-Profile, 7.3 Diesel Non-Turbo IDI, 5 Speed

Paid $7000 for it, has 292,000 miles but it runs like a top and is in excellent condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Ooooo..... very nice! I want one!

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

You've got your counter weight in there, now all you need is a big ole plow for the front of it. Nice looking truck, good luck!

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I actually won't be putting a plow on it, just don't have the need for it.

5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Lookin' good. Seems like a nice clean truck. At least being red it looks fast. :D Pow Wag and dump, I'm jealous of all the toys. Looks like you could haul at least 4 full cords in there if you put higher sideboards on it. Good Luck with it.

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I could probably fit 4 cords in there tightly, but I don't think the dump would pick it up. This is based on what the previous owner told me. He had loaded it over 3 yards with gravel, a yard being about 3000lb and it wouldn't pick it up so he had to do some shoveling.

4 cords (at about 4000lbs a cord for hard wood) would probably be too much for it, and that would probably put it right at or over the GVW of 21,400 for this truck.

We had probably 1.5 cords in it today and it picked it up no problem, I think 2 or 2.5 cords should not be problem, depending if it's not all hard wood. I plan on putting side boards on it at some point.

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

all you need now is the firewood processor :nod: so what are you plans with this truck looks clean :cool:

8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

You sure it wont dump that? are 1-ton dumps will dump 8000LBS.

9. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

that would also make an excelllent salt truck

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

You're reading my mind.....our plan this winter is to cut 20-30cords off out woodlot, we'll transport it tree length in the spring to my Fathers house with my Gooseneck where we'll process it.

As a minimum I plan on having a fairly large wood splitter, maybe one that has a self loading arm and a small conveyor. It just so happens the guy I bought this truck from usually comes across used conveyors too, so I might be talking to him again.

This truck mainly will be used for wood delivery to customers, and hauling light gravel to build up our existing roads on our woodlot.

I'd love a firewood processor but don't want to spend the 12-14k minimum for a small processor right now. Plus what I would really want is a processor that goes on a skid steer, there is only one company that I know of that makes one right now, you can go over to a pile of logs, pick one up, go back over to your pile/truck, cut to length and split, takes literally all the handling out of the picture. But I think I'm dreaming, probably won't have one of those for a while, they are $24k plus the price of a skid steer.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  11. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I have no doubt it will dump 8000-9000lbs easy. But stuffing 4 cords of hard wood in there is about 16k, I'm guessing not. I think I might be able to do 3 but we'll have to see. Right now I'm just speculating on what the previous owner told me about loading the truck.

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet truck!!!

13. Johnnay Boy91

Johnnay Boy91 Member
    from MASS

Nice i like it. really good condition, just like mine. haha

14. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Post up some pics of yours!

15. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i believe i saw a you tube vid of a nice tractor unit . if i can find the link i'll sent it to ya . but thats the way to do it everything from the forest is used payup. all and all nice truck

16. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

You mean this little guy? I've look at this at a Fair, nice unit, but you have to have the tractor at the location you are processing the wood, I think this limits you a little bit in the fact it's not completely self powered.

http://www.hud-son.com/Hakkivideo_page.htm

17. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

a guy up the road had one of those processors, he ran it with his 18 hp kubota, and loaded it with his 60 hp kubota...... was a very nice processor for the $$

purdy truck there

18. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That's the thing...if you want to run the processor you have to have one tractor (which I do), but then you need another one to bring logs to the processors and load onto the it.

Guess I should just spring for that John Deere 55hp I've been eyeing for a year now :dizzy:

19. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

not a bad buy for $7k

20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Love the new purchase!!!