1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Intensifires

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike68gt, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mike68gt

mike68gt Junior Member

I finally got my intensifires on!!! The light is amazing compared to the old style lights cant wait for it to snow so I can see how they do while its snowing

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Did you switch to them from the old style lights ? My newest plow has them, but the other truck I drive doesn't, wondering if it is easy & reasonable (I know it isn't cheap).

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If you've got a mm2 headgear you should have two holes in the headgear for lights.Unbolt your old ones and unbolt the ground wire from the motor.Install new lights and bolt ground wire back to motor.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

What about turn signals ? Hooking into wiring harness ? Etc. I don't think it is as easy as 4 nuts & a ground wire, I don't know if you use existing wiring, spicing into harness, open up rear of light & swap wires, or if the wiring is completely a different animal all together. My MM 2 with the extreme v is a 2 wire system, MM2 with standard Ez v is a 3 wire,

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  5. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

Just did the swap to intensifires on EZ-V 3 plug system and it was just simply unhook old ground wire and 2 nuts, then bolt on new lights and zip tie the wire to the headgear so it didn't move around, no ground wire needed.

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe the new lights aren't grounded them

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The Intensifiers/Nighthawks don't use an external ground wire to the motor ground. They're very simple to install. Mount the lights, plug in the harness, put the back panels on the lights (3screws each). aim them, and you're done.

8. mike68gt

mike68gt Junior Member

Check to be sure your lift plate clears the new lights I had to get the extension brackets for mine ,but plenty of room now

9. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I installed me new ones today along with a new 3 plugs 4 port mod, but I'm not getting enough power in seems to light the High beams. Vey deam. Low beam works very well

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011