1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New intensifires

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MrPLow2011, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Ok I am sick of putting money into my intensifire lights. Back covers keep cracking and breakig around the 2 screwholds. One of the housing units has cracked now. So anyone got a set of the 3 bolt Intensifires? Are they any better or should I look into an after market set

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sorry to hear that man...I've had a set on my rebuilt MM and again on my XLS...I've never had an issue with either of them, in fact I have nothing but good things to say about them.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Intensefires

I'm with you, a bit disappointed on their durability, hit a manhole sticking up less than an inch at about 10 MPH and a back cover broke off, I've seen this happen to other's also. I don't know if a previous operator of the truck (prior storm) may have hit something hard at a faster speed and started the cracking,(I am a little suspicious of that being the scenario), I keep telling the guys slow and easy wins the race with these trip edge plows. Remember Fisher recommends a top speed of 10 MPH when plowing.

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hiniker lights are the same as the Meyer NS2's, and lower cost:
    [​IMG]

5. I have the 3 mounting screw lights. No problems although I don't hit anything either. Thumbs Up

6. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

So you just pull of cover and change the wire over? or do I have to solider stuff? I cant see paying 300 with the tax for a new set and have to keep buying rear covers for 20.

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I dont hit much and I know where my sewer caps are. These lights just cant seem to stand up to very light abuse. I am sure if you are doing driveways they are great. But any sort of comercial plowing and you are fixing them over and over. And I dont do over 10 miles per hour. I am going to look at other lights

8. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Maybe I am a glutton for punishmeant. But I went down and looked at the new intensifires. The ones with the 3 bolts on back seem to be a bit sturdier. And I complained about mine. The dealer knows I have bought so many parts for them. So he gave me a real good deal on a new set.

9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Can you post a picture of the three bolt set?

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's probably how I would do it. That was how I installed the SnowDogg lights on my Western Unimoint.

11. Cheaper than $199???

12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I really don't think you'll be disappointed. The only upgrade I ever recommend is swapping the bulbs out for sylvania silverstar's, and bring a 3/4 socket and ratchet with you the first time out with them for final adjustments

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Who has them for $199?

14. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I like...

These will work with the MM2 wiring?

Please tell.....

15. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Got them for 199. 235 is regular price Dont want to tell dealers name. Yeah I think I got a bad bulb. One side doesnt have high beams. the low beam stays on only so if I have to replace a bulb I will upgrade them. And I always carry extra tools. And I think I got them set perfect. They light up road and no one is high beaming me

16. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Um I doub it. just at first glance they have 2 head light bulbs and 1 turning signal. I am sure you can make them work. Cut the mm2 cord and then solider stuff I bet it wouldnt be too tough. But nothing I wanted to get into.

17. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

18. plowguy43

19. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

20. plowguy43