1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Indiana Snow thread! 10-11

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Sound Man, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

Hey everyone, Who is ready for some snow here in Indianapolis. I am subbing with Circle City Snow and Ice Removal!! My first year with them. I am excited! I hear great things! Just ordered some wings for the plow, truck is serviced....BRING ON THE SNOW!! I will start the snow dance now....:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

http://www.circlecitysnowandice.com/ Give them a call if you are a sub looking for work!

2. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

I just found this online.....enjoy!

Indiana/Illinois/Ohio/Michigan: Let us start with…….. of course… INDIANA.. I am going to put it up front, and I am going very bold here but I believe Indiana is going to be a big battleground for winter storms this year, I am really hesitant with this but I am going to stick with this number for now.. I believe Central/North Central Indiana will see 36-42″ of snow this year and at least 1 1o”+ snowstorm.. which would put us in the above normal category for snow by about 5-10″.. If our La-Nina holds it’s current strength or gets stronger, then this number will be very close, In my opinion.. If it weakens or we even get back into a Neutral cycle, then this number will likely be much to high.. Like I said earlier I believe Nina will still be going strong and we will hold this number.. If you are from Chicago or Michigan then get ready, this IS your year!!! I truly believe the lake effect machine will pound Western Michigan and areas into northern Indiana early in the winter season.. Of course Chicago usually relies on separate storm systems rather than lake effect but I suspect there will plenty of Big Storms that affect the region this year.. Ohio is a much tougher one to nail down and I am quite honestly having problems figuring out how much you will receive.. but I am going to go with a normal snowfall season for most of Ohio with the northern county’s getting the brunt of the good winter..

3. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I really hope your right. That's what everyone is saying. Snow-day did change his forecast a bit but I'm still hopeful!

4. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

Ice

Well we are getting some ice and sleet here in Lebanon. I had to spread some ice melter today. A sure sign that the snow is not far behind!!

5. clncut

nothing exciting here, some sleet, lil bit of ice....wet pavements

6. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

First snow fall of the year hear in the Northeast corner, december 1st!!! Just a dusting so far and not much behind it on the radar... But still, let it snow let it snow let it snow!

7. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

Yea we got a dusting here in the central part of the state as well. Not enough to plow but I have been salting all morning. I will do the snow dance again...LOL...:bluebounc:bluebounc

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

just a light dusting here in NW Indiana stopped by a couple of accounts today and all declined salting services and ALL signed a wavier :cry: oh well just have to wait for the next one

9. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sound man you will be happy working for Circle City. My second season with them and they are great guys to work with. I'll be on west northwest side. Dancing here too. Bring the snow. Snow will be my economic stimulus.

10. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks guys, bring on snow!

11. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

Just watching the news....They are calling for 2-4 inches maby more depending on the track of the storm Friday night into Saturday!! Bring it on...:bluebounc:bluebounc

12. dfdsuperduty

streets are covered with a light dusting here it comes

13. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

I woke up at 3:30 and got ready, ready to walk out the door as soon as the airport gives my boss the word. 30 min. south of indy we're up to about an inch so far. 1 hour drive to Indianapolis airport coming up any minute........

14. clncut

Just over an inch in Portage.....

15. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Just got in from salting. If the temps hold up & mix that with traffic sun then I will be fine with the salt & won't have to plow. Everyone be safe out there. This is the first measurable sno wso the idiots will be worse than normal.

16. dfdsuperduty

pushed and salted everything payuppayup

17. clncut

Pushed everything. Looking like tonight could be interesting depending on what the lake does!

18. Ricksz400

Ricksz400 Junior Member

Snow

Got 6 hrs out at the southlake Mall yesterday.... Not Its hitting around the greater laporte area.... Here were go to do some drives!!!!!

19. dfdsuperduty

Rick who ended up with South Lake this year I heard of a couple of larger companies were going against Gariup

20. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

Well lets hope the weekend of Dec 11th will bring us a few flakes to play with, last Sat was a little one for me in Munster only 5 hours.