1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New In Business - Help Wanted - From Romania

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by VALENTIN, Dec 29, 2005.

1. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Hi guys,:salute:

I'm a new dealer in the winter equipments industry (1 month :angel: ), I'm from ROMANIA, and I need some help related to E-60 Meyer pump!

I want to order some 24 Volts parts (motor solenoids, A-B and C coils, and.... lights kit .....) and I don’t find anywhere these parts ID no. to order!!! Can you help me????:cry: Thanks!!!

And........ to the admin of the site: thanks god that you have this forum!!!!:drinkup:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Tnx Mick! You Are Very Kind! Done! Hope That I'll Receive An Answear!!!!

4. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

so, no answear, can you redirect me to a spare part dealer? tnx!

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

6. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

ok! done! waiting again some feed back! .... thank you!

7. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Welcome!

Welcome to Plowsite! Tell us about snow plowing in Romania! How is the plowing business??? What type of equipment do you use? And what are the winters like!

My grandparents were of eastern European ancestry and I always wondered what the snow is like there and how much mechanized equipment is used for snow removal... Especially now that there is much more freedom for private enterprise!

Good luck!

Rob.

8. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

:waving: Hi Rob!

So, in Romania the only Pick-Up's are tipe is the light duty (Nissan Pick-Up, Mazda B2500, Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi L200).

We can import also big American trucks but the taxes are HUGE (30% taxes plus up to 30% accises plus 19 % VAT ------ in total up to 79% duties).......

I started importing snow plows 2 mounts ago. I'm buying from a Hungarian dealer (course I didn’t succeed directly from the USA).

In one month I purchased 30 pcs of MEYER TM 6,5 and 4 pcs of MEYER HML-10 and also 10 Meyer Junior spreaders!

I have some mounting problems and some spare parts issues.... but I’m looking forward to this business ...... because I'm the first American plows FAN!

.......In general we have a very big (and very young) market for the snow and ice equipments, best sell are European products like: Nido/Schmidt for plows and Epoke for spreaders....

Romania is investing a lot in new fleets of snow control equipments!

From wich country are your grandparents?

Valentin

PS: You can see my DEMO CAR: Nissan with Meyer TM 6,5 in Pictures Forum (My Meyer).

9. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Business opportunity!

It is great to see you are an entrepreneur! You will succeed in your business because you have the desire in your heart to make it work!

You are correct - dealing with import/export issues and EU and Romainan tax laws will be a bigger challenge than what you will have mounting and using the equipment!!!!!

If you had lots of money and manufacturing capability you could become a Meyer licensee and make their products in Romania for all of the EU market!

My granparents emigrated to the United States in the late 1800's, we are of Carpatho-Ruthenian ancestry.

Good Luck in all of your endeavors Valentin! :)

10. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

Hi, Ebay Is A Great Source For Some Hard To Find Parts; New, Used, And Overhaulded Parts Western, Meyer, And Fisher.

11. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

tnx SNOWMAN .... but ist hard with Ebay ..... i'm trying to build a strong bussines .... and I'm looking for a dealer that can supply everithing that I need in due time .... not searching every time .....

also Ebay its now too far for us (maybe in couple of years) becouse we have to present invoices (quality certificates .....) in the customs in order to customs cleare the products.........

valentin

12. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Dear Rob,

I'll succeed because you have great products to work with!

It's a pleasure for me to promote something that others didn't believe that can work!

I've put a lot's in this business (including advertisement campaign) .... Designing a website ... just for Meyer .... http://www.meyerproducts.ro/english/index.html - try it!

Everything that I’ll do I’ll continue until the Romanian are sick of me..... kidding .... until now I have great feed back .......(hope that Meyer allows me to continue .... because I received the dealer permission for Romania from the Hungary dealer)

You grandparents were from a upper Europe .... Czech or Slovak Republic territory maybe now! We have here the lower CARPAT Mountains!

Nice to talk with you! You are very kind Sir! :salute:

Valentin:)

13. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

about my 24v parts ?????? pleaseeeeeeee

14. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

24v now that's a problem :(

Since everything domestic is 12v you are sadly going to have to deal directly with Meyer products... Perhaps some military equipment here is 24v so there might be a market for surplus parts. But I'd think that all 24v is export only here so you are limited at whom might carry the parts you need.

Do your fellow Romanian business owners have some type of an association that can help you out with the intricacies of the import/export laws as they are applied in Romania and the EU????

Perhaps you should form one and be sure to hire an internationl law lawyer that can help smooth out that part of it...

Rob.

15. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Dear Rob,

I realise that only Meyer can help me with the 24v parts ...

I buyed some Karrier vibrators from Mr. Bob Church .... and I asked him to help me talk with Meyer about my 24v parts! He is very nice an he is tring to help me!

Here .. we dont have a snow association! But I'll start one this Year! I just purchased a web domain name for this!

Maybe we can use your regulations and laws to be inspired ..... you know .... snow is the same everywere!

Valentin

16. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Valentin,

How much snow do you get in Bucharest in an average year?

I'm about 1/4 Romanian. The rest is Scotch/Irish and German.

17. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Plow Meister,

We have some snow when we have storms! Max 40 cm! But the wind is the problem!

We are a very big car logistics supplier and ... when the wind is blowing sometimes the snow its cover the small cars! ..... and we have a lot to work .... :cry:

18. me1223

me1223 Member

so, do you guys have two 12V batteries in your car linked in series or is it just one battery, if you have two you could always make a parallel link and run the plow off of that.:confused:

19. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

We use only 24V batteries on the trucks! Sometime more then 2 x 24V!

But in the rest of the car we have 12V!

My only chance is to get the parts directly from Meyer .... if not .... I'll no longer sell plows for big trucks and I'll stay only with 6 and 6,5 plows!!!

20. daninline

daninline Senior Member

how about a dc to dc converter that would step down the power to 12 volts.

I don't know how many amps would be needed.

Good luck.