1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new improved skid setup this year

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deere 332, Dec 7, 2011.

1. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

just wanted to get some thoughts on my new setup this year. i used this skid last year for the first time with a ten foot pusher. it was ok had some traction issues with some worn tires. this year i upgraded to new snow wolf tires and sold my pusher for a ten foot angle plow with wings. i had a section of road that the pusher couldn't make. the rest is just flat parking lots. we had one storm already with 5inches of heavy wet snow and the increase in traction was amazing i really liked the plow also should be interesting winter

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Looks AWESOME. I got a JD 250 and wish I had your tires. I also LOVE those doors. Mine didnt come with a door and the dam things are $1600! so i had to go with vinyl. I will get some pics up of mine in a few days.
  3. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

That is an awesome set up, those tires are beefy!! Hopefully it makes you a lot of money this winterpayup

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks good Im not sure about the plow extensions, out in the open yes but can you run a curb line with them without damaging them. If so then no problem.
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice....those tires will make a huge difference.
  6. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Nice set up. I've always plowed with angle plows and think they are so much more versatile. Hopefully the snow keeps coming!
  7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Did you remove the weights or just dom't have any?

Also who did you go through to buy the tires?
  8. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

good looking set up if you dont mind my asking what did the tires and plow run you?
  9. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

thanks for all the comments! the tire set cost me $1700 and the plow was around $3500. i have the rear weight brackets but no weights. the pricing on the tires were all over the place i was quoted 2300 buy another dealer so i called snow wolf and asked for a high volume dealer that would have a good price. i am also real happy with the plow quality should be fun.
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats a really good price on the "larger" wolf paws. Is that before tax?
  11. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

that was before sales tax i bought them from a new holland dealer in milwaukee wi that had a branch in madison. madison was only an hour away so i drove and picked them up. i am sure shipping would have been alot. i thought it was a great price
  12. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

that is a beast of a plow i love it. nice looking set up. thanks for the info..
  13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Was it Kelbe Brothers?
  14. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

nice set up