1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Idea

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpeters, Jan 4, 2006.

1. jpeters

jpeters Junior Member

I have an idea I am looking at trying out and wanted your guys opinion. There are some local dairy farmers that use a skidsteer with a huge rubber tire to scrape *hit with. They have had it for over two years and use it every day. So the durability holds up great. The problem I forsee with it is the weight. The weight of the tire along with the metal is pretty heavy. I am also concerned about traction with a skidsteer pushing the tire plus all of the snow. I can get the tire for free and the only cost I would have is the metal and time welding it together. Average snow in our area is 3-6 inches. And only get about 30 inches a year. So its hard to spend the money on a snow pusher when snow is very uncertain in our area. Thanks for all of your input.