1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Idea Truck Of The Month.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mercer_me, Apr 26, 2010.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

On Toyota Tundra Forum.com they have a contest called Truck Of The Month. Users upload photos of there trucks. Then the moderators post the pictures on a new thread with a poll and all the users vote on the truck they like best. Go to http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/tu...-totm/7755-april-2010-truck-of-the-month.html and http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/tu...totm/8033-vote-april-2010-truck-of-month.html to check it out and to se there oficial rules. It would be good to do somthing like this on Plow Site IMO. Just an idea.
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

It's a good idea. :nod:
  3. mattbob18

mattbob18 Junior Member
    from Maine

I'm liking it to!!
  4. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

On the ranger forum I am on. members are nominated by other members. So no self entries. Members may then "second" up to (2) times. (not the same truck). The 5 trucks with the most "seconds" are entered in the contest. Then the forum members can vote. The first two weeks of the month are the nomination, then the last 2 weeks are the vote. Trucks can no be nominated in consecutive months. Past winners an not win for 1 yr.
  5. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

back when I had my 84 amc eagle, i joined a forum for eagle owners (amceaglenest.com) and they have an eagle of the month deal too, every month has a different category, like one month would be only for eagle projects, the next could be for totally original eagle, the next for best engine compartment, etc...

i like the truck of the month idea as well!

Thumbs Up
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I like the idea also.
  7. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

This is a good idea. Everybody is proud of their rigs and most of us on here enjoy looking at the pics of them.