1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New HT. chatter

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Rustyk, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Rustyk

Rustyk Junior Member

Fairly new to this site,just had a ht installed on my 2012 silverado 1500 reg cab short bed.Dealer said it might chatter at first and if so put a cutting edge on it and that would help. Dry run in driveway with no snow and it chattered. I did have a xv fisher plow and i do remember with a new edge it also chattered until it wore in.Is this going to be the same with the HT.Should I give it some time? Or just get an edge put on it?My driveway looks like somebody drew chalk lines every two inches.
    Thanks Rusty
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Need to break it in ,go drive around a Walmart ,people won't even bother you there.
  3. Rustyk

Rustyk Junior Member

Thanks for the reply,I thought thats what I would have to do,just hope the lights don't fall off doing it. I wanted the HT because it had the same angle as the xv that I had on a different truck.
  4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

My new XV2 chattered and squealed like a pig getting raped the first few times.
    It was the loudest noise I ever heard. Mostly at slow speeds.
    I sure the condo people loved it at 3 am as the noise bounced off all the buildings. :D