1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new holland tc33 tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by randomb0b123, Dec 28, 2012.

1. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/3500638348.html
    never seen this before how does this work that it can turn that sharp and be 4x4? is this no good i wonder because ive never seen this before? seems like a good price for hours and condition but it is older...

2. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The Super Steer allows for a really tight turn with the front wheels engaged. The whole front axle pivots, that is the easiest way to describe it. It is handy feature, I spent a couple of hours on a HN with the super steer. I liked it.

The machine has low hours, I woudn't be concerned about the age of the machine.

3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Got the same machine without the bucket, that is normal

4. randomb0b123

from america

it been good to you?

5. randomb0b123

from america

used dads tc21 today it has 5' plow. not bad i liked it. does what you expect for a 1500 lb tractor with ag tires and tires not filled. im planning to go check this one out tomorrow

6. RJ lindblom

The tc33 that you're looking at will be better. The only thing on the one you are checking out are those aweful turf tires. That is an easy fix.

7. randomb0b123

from america

what would it cost to fix that? would you recommend having these tire filled? what tire would you get?

8. RJ lindblom

I'd go with R4 tread. R1 or ag tread is decent enough, but on solid surfaces I'd go R4.

The rears look to run $350 on up and fronts I am having a hard time finding a price. I am not sure how accurate my numbers are.

I would fill the rear tires.

9. randomb0b123

from america

for what id be doing with it i know i wouldnt want r1 or ag. id prob just wear out the turf tires and go from there

10. RJ lindblom

That is what I'd do. Or at least go a whole season. R1 is the ag tread. Thumbs Up

11. randomb0b123

from america

got him to 11100. went and looked it over tryed everything drove it. all works perfect except for the rear pto idiot light on the dash but the pto does work. looks well cared for. strongly considering it. any opinions?

12. RJ lindblom

I'd say go for it. You've been looking for a while. I like the New Holland tractors, they are great tractors without the John Deere price.

13. MatthewG

Ours has been really good and we had some kids beating it during the summer mowing grass

14. randomb0b123

from america

15. RJ lindblom

Good looking machine!

16. randomb0b123

from america

it is in really nice shape theres a small crack on the plastic by the fuel tank and it looks like a rock fell out of the bucket at some point and put a small dent in the hard lines of the loader. 920 hrs dosent look like it though. the tractor and trailer are a snowy salty icy mess now from the trip home ill be washing tomorrow. im glad i bought it i think it was a good price

17. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Congrats! Looks like a very clean well taken care of tractor! Id say you did good!

18. MatthewG

Change the tires and it will rip, I love driving ours, such a nimble machine

19. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Be careful in tight quarters with that thing. We have a newer 3045 with Super Steer and a loader. The steering makes the loader move the opposite direction you are trying to move at zero to very slow speeds and can be tough to get used to. You will notice it when changing loader attachments mostly.

20. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Go ahead and put different tires on that tractor like every one says. Do yourself a favor and keep those tires though because after your first storm you wont be able to put them back on fast enough.

I own a 4720 deere with turf tires on it, the dealer dropped it off with the R4's and the tractor seriously could not get out of its own way. Driveways with any slope what so ever i had to run two tires in the lawn next to the drive to get up it.

Now with turf tires it has so much traction i can literally do wheelies with it up a driveway, stops on a dime and pushes hard.