1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland T5.115 with a Pronovost

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RTEnt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

2. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

Nice set up! Looks very efficient.
  3. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

4. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Slick set up.

One question though. As a long time tractor user and owner, why does your guy keep shutting off the PTO every pass. I get it if there was an obstacle in the first part of the lane, but it seems there is not. That PTO is going to be worn out in no time....
  5. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

I think its become habit for him. Alot of the properties I have him doing have obstacles near the houses. I also have extensive time on ag equipment and although its counter intuitive the new holland guys tell me that disengaging and re engaging the pto shouldn't affect its life expectancy
  6. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Hopefully they are correct then.
  7. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Nice setup. How many driveways are you doing with that tractor and how long does the route take? Also, have you found it to be much more efficient than a truck/plow? You certainly save the time of stacking and cleaning up the end of the drive.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I hope you take some vids of the rig working in some deeper snow and certainly the initial pass on the end of the driveway after a bigger storm. The setup looks awesome! Wish I had done a small inverted on my tractor instead of the traditional style that I did....but, that's what I get for being young and thinking I knew everything at the time without looking around at my options! Congrats!!
  9. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

Looks great. What kind of power do you need to run a blower like that?
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Whats the Hp of the NH how wide is the blower
  11. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Pronovost reccomends 75 my machine is 115 engine and 100 at the pto. The blower is 92" wide
  12. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

I think its more efficient than a truck with a blade if your routes are set up properly. The time you are able to make up plowing is easily lost if theres to much distance between accounts. Unfortunately the deal on the machine came a little late in the season for me to market the service properly. The best performance that Ive been able to see so far is around 25 driveways in an hour. Outside of that were spending to much time on the road.

No money when the augers not spinning
  13. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Thanks I'll do my best to get some more video in deeper snow.

Research is key in any business. You need to make informed decisions not rash ones. Like I said Ive been working on this for 2 yaers. Spent alot of time on this site and talked with a bunch of people before I made my move.
  14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

They keep changing the model numbers I cant keep up
    Your tractor look so skinning in the rear it didn't look all that big

Nice video Have fun
  15. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I'm curious as to why the driver is "hooking right" as he exists the driveway on each pass? Wouldn't it be better to stay straight and just adjust the chute right or left?

I can see the need obviously on the last pass to hook left or right and blow the remaining snow back into the yard
  16. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

You need to be moving to feed the snow into the impeller so if he were to continue straight he ends up in the neighbors property across the street. We have tried a couple different methods and that seems to work most efficently
  17. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Do the neighbors ever complain about the snow being blown into their yard?
  18. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

No complaints yet. If we have a problem we'll make the necessary changes
  19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Those setups work really well. My biggest fear with starting something like the tractor/blower route where you sign up 100-200 accounts is...what if something breaks or goes down. Don't you almost need at least 2 of these setups just in case something happens to one of them? Just curious as to your stress level involving such a scenario. Thanks.
  20. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

At this point Id be lying if is said there was no stress and although its new equipment I know stuff still happens. I have access to other tractors if need be. The only real concern for now is I only have one blower. I do have a couple farm boys that have plow trucks that are willing to help if I get in a bind.

The reality of it is that you have to start somewhere and there's always going to be some risk. I just tried to cover my a** as much as possible