1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland re-design coming

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Dec 17, 2010.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

has anyone seen any pics of the redesigned New Holland skid steers? my dealer has pics but wouldn't show them or discuss a whole lot about it until it's upcoming unveiling. he did say they would only be pilot controls
    steve

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to see the new machines too. I haven't heard about them yet, then again I haven't been to the dealer in a while. I have loved the 2 that I have owned. Unlike the thread above mine have been great, then again I am an owner operator. Give any piece of eqipment to a 10 dollar an hour guy and you can break it. Funny how it took so maky years for the new bobcats to start looking like a new holland!!! I guess that means it's time for a change L.O.L ! I am not a huge fan of pilot controls but I guess that is the way things are going. Funny how years ago guys used a shovel all day, then they got a skid steer and now that's too much work. We have to get video game controls now !!! If driving a skid steer all day is too much work maybe it's time to call jenny , or weight watchers !!! Your choice ?

, shaun

3. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

To me you sound like you dont run your skidloader that much. Over twenty-four hours in a snow event I have yet to see someone with your type of steel balls.

4. magnatrac

Don't get me wrong I know it sucks spending a day in one . Nothing like driving all day and going no where. I honestly feel just as beat after a day plowing in my truck. No balls of steel I just know there is alot tougher things I could be doing !!! I have used some rental machines that were very stiff and I guess if they were all like that I could understand. The loaders I have owned have never been physically demanding to operate. I am also from the train of thought that I like to keep things simple. I don't need to add future electical problems to my maintenence. I will in the future be buying more skids and if old school controls are an option thats what I will get !!!

jmo , shaun

5. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I think this is year has been a great example for pilot controls.We've been non-stop snowplowing up tell this weekend which we got off. So we've been bringing in alot of "helpers" to fill in for normal roles. Point being we cant throw them in skid loaders because they wont come back next day. We're losing skidloader operators about one every night so we've pulled the loader guys off those machines and replacing them with the new guys(they like running the big toys). I'm stuck on a skidder now because they know I wont *****.

I totally understand the electronic issue with the pilot controls. The newer compact/skidloader equipment isnt going to last the life of the loan. Its a good concept they just need to figure out a way to hydraulically inable it so it will last longer then three years. Electronics dont last in construction! I used to love and rant about the NH at my old job from dairy farm experience. Now I seem hate them and for a reason.

6. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

I saw some pics of the new Case CTL and skidsteers - first impression was that they are a conglomerate product with New Holland under the CNH banner. They have definitely transformed into a more "New Holland" like product. The proportions are similar to the new Bobcats. Stylistically, look for rounded corners and glass. Didn't get any info on powerplants or specs - these were "top secret" pictures. :D

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

din't NH just do a revamt on there skidsteers or are they doing a full redesign ?

8. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

I wasen't aware case was doing a re-design too! They just came out with their series 3 a few years ago, which I feel is currently the cats meow aside from the Cat C series. I'm pretty interested to see what changes were made.

I'll agree with the electronic control issue, we are having a very, Very hard time finding operators that can run the machines well. I'm fairly partial to them, the throw distances are much shorter and not having to use your feet leads to less fatigue by the end of an event, although I have noticed my wrists are a lot more soar with the electronic controls versus standard hand/foot hydros.

9. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

YouTube has a video of both the case and new holland units. Very different looking!

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Link????????

11. magnatrac

12. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

The New Holland loaders have regressed. They are like the Deere's and Bobcats now can't see jack out of the back or the sides. We are buying a new machine in the spring, looks like I'm gonna keep my eyes on a 2010 machine old style.

13. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

I like the look of the new style personally. My major gripe with the Case was the way they boxed in the back with those side pannels and having the exhaust dump into that area, really made for an issue of exhaust fumes coming into the cab. Hopefully they addressed that with the new style, the sides look a little lower, might make it easier to see, I always used the mirrors though. A 25% wider cab is nice, I never had much of an issue with getting comfortable in our 440, gotta love the heated, cloth seats!

My money is still on the Cat C series though wesport