1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland LX885 Skid Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by TomHoffman, Aug 22, 2011.

1. TomHoffman

TomHoffman Junior Member

Hey everybody,

I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 1999 LX885 Loader. I haven't got it home yet. The owner an older man who owned it but never ran it could not tell me if it was 2 speed or not. He has closed his business and let all his employees go a year back or more.

Is there any way that I can tell, and if so how. It came with a lot of extras and I am use to a BobCat, this one is a whole new kettle of fish.

Thanks for any help.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

you will have a switch on the "passenger" side handle with a rabbit and turtle icon (if they haven't rubbed off).On that machine there could be a horn switch also on one of the handles
  3. TomHoffman

TomHoffman Junior Member

Thanks for the reply...
  4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How did you make out? 2 speed or not.

LX885s are good machines I drove them since I was 14
  5. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

tom, if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it and how many hours? I have a '97 with 2000 hours I may want to sell.
  6. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I may be wrong but i thought the difference between the 865 and 885 is the 2 speed. At least thats what i remember when I bought a new one years ago.
  7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

No they make single sped 885
    865 is a smaller machine
  8. corbel

corbel Junior Member

Not a hijack, but anyone have any tips on figuring out why the 2 speed doesn't work? I just picked up an older jd8875 that has 2speed but is not working. Dealer said its most likely electronic, anyone have similar issues with these older machines, I think it's a 96.
  9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Call me i can try to help 610 393 8363